Come on then February, let’s be having you. You might be short but think of all the WONDERFUL short things that have made our lives infinitely better. Danny DeVito? Short back and sides? Fun size Mars Bars? So chin up February, because this year you are rocking a leap-year-tastic extra day as well, making you 3.6 per cent bigger and better than last year. Here’’s how we’re going to spend it…
First up us online types have a super-exciting announcement, which ideally would be accompanied by David Bowie’s Changes if you’re near an iPod, boom-box or busker who takes requests. We are in the process of the biggest redesign of It’s Nice That to-date and hope to unveil our new site in March. We want to make sure that all our content is showcased to maximum effect, provide new features to make us your first port-of-call every morning and we’re determined our content is more relevant, insightful and diverse than ever.
We don’t have a confirmed date for the re-launch yet, but will keep you up-to-date as the process goes forward.
Magazine-wise we’re well on the way to producing Issue 8, and you know what it’s going to be an absolute blinder. Again we’ll be releasing more details as we near the publication launch but suffice to say content-wise we are smashing this issue out of the park. Exciting stuff.
And as always our busy events programme gathers pace. The Words Words Words talks at Selfridges have been a huge success with the first three all selling out in double quick time. Tickets for the fourth and final talk – Words as Performance – will be released very soon.
That’s all for now pop-pickers, saddle up and get ready to take February to the cleaners with us!
- Best of the Web: a few of our favourite things we've spotted on the internet this week
- Tom Phillips' magnum opus turned a Victorian novel into a work of art spanning 50 years
- Matisse-inspired posters for Serbian Youth Day from designer Monika Lang
- Raphael Schoen's cheerfully chaotic posters for a Swiss youth club
- Illustrators including Sam Taylor and Charlotte Mei's tributes to NWA's Straight Outta Compton
- The slides and sleep pods of LA's Silicon Beach startup scene captured by Lauren Greenfield
- A mind full of filthy ideas and creative brilliance: we visit Malika Favre
- The bizarre, twilight world of Berlin-based photographer Maxime Ballesteros
- Wieden + Kennedy Amsterdam and Colophon create typeface that works with the Earth's tilt
- The Anonymous Sex Journal is back, and this issue is all about wanking
- The homeless Dirty Kids of America and their "rainbow party" explored in new film
- 12-year-old accidentally punches a hole $1.5 million painting