Come on then February, let’s be having you. You might be short but think of all the WONDERFUL short things that have made our lives infinitely better. Danny DeVito? Short back and sides? Fun size Mars Bars? So chin up February, because this year you are rocking a leap-year-tastic extra day as well, making you 3.6 per cent bigger and better than last year. Here’’s how we’re going to spend it…
First up us online types have a super-exciting announcement, which ideally would be accompanied by David Bowie’s Changes if you’re near an iPod, boom-box or busker who takes requests. We are in the process of the biggest redesign of It’s Nice That to-date and hope to unveil our new site in March. We want to make sure that all our content is showcased to maximum effect, provide new features to make us your first port-of-call every morning and we’re determined our content is more relevant, insightful and diverse than ever.
We don’t have a confirmed date for the re-launch yet, but will keep you up-to-date as the process goes forward.
Magazine-wise we’re well on the way to producing Issue 8, and you know what it’s going to be an absolute blinder. Again we’ll be releasing more details as we near the publication launch but suffice to say content-wise we are smashing this issue out of the park. Exciting stuff.
And as always our busy events programme gathers pace. The Words Words Words talks at Selfridges have been a huge success with the first three all selling out in double quick time. Tickets for the fourth and final talk – Words as Performance – will be released very soon.
That’s all for now pop-pickers, saddle up and get ready to take February to the cleaners with us!
- Back once again, it's Best of the Web!
- Photographers Kelia Anne MacCluskey and Luca Venter explore the limits of reality
- Gabriella Boyd’s paintings capture fleeting moments of intimacy
- Friday Mixtape: Because Music's Jane Third creates a lo-fi electronic mix
- Magic Party Place: CJ Clarke photographs Basildon, Essex over ten years
- Diane Fox distorts the “illusion of the diorama” with beguiling images of museum exhibits
- Photographer Trent Davis Bailey documents rural American community The North Fork
- Mr Bingo’s Valentine’s cards for single people
- Leipzig-based graphic designer Anja Kaiser takes us through her portfolio
- Why creative education for advertising is stuck in the dark ages
- Japanese graphic designer Ryu Mieno creates type-heavy works fizzing with energy
- Graphic artist Patrick Thomas’ found poster collages