Good afternoon everyone this is your editor speaking. We are currently cruising at the optimum It’s Nice That altitude and are looking forward to a turbulence free month of March.
Of course we want you to sit back and enjoy the journey with us but there’s a few announcements I need to make. Firstly a few of you have been asking about the relaunched It’s Nice That magazine – I can tell you it is now at the printers and we are super excited to bring you more information about this in the next week or so.
For those of you with ears, you may or may not already know that our weekly podcast Studio Audience offers a wealth of art and design chat every Friday morning. We’ve been riding high in the UK iTunes design podcasts chart so be sure to check that out.
Another of our regular features the Opinion piece is also being changed up a bit – we are now running occasional guest writers in this mid-week slot. If you have an idea for a feature you can email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do our best to make sure a cross-section of voices are able to add their thoughts to the arts and design issues of the day.
Events wise we had a really successful launch of Nice Wednesdays in Shoreditch last week with a great line-up of speakers talking about their hobbies and passions. Tickets were snapped up in a matter of hours so keep your eyes peeled for March’s event which is due to take place in the last week of this month.
And finally early bird tickets for Here 2013 are now almost sold out, and with more names set to be announced very shortly – don’t miss out on the last few!
Thank you for choosing It’s Nice That and we wish you a happy month whether you’re here on holiday or on business. Over and out.
- Wrap up warm with this week's Best of the Web
- This is Jane: a charming photo series that displays the empowerment of women
- Brooklyn-based illustrator Aaron Fernandez’s fluorescent editorial commissions
- London-based designer Laura Jouan’s well-considered, monochrome portfolio
- Join Jonathan Barnbrook, Maisie Willoughby, Wallace Henning, Anna Lomax and Jess Bonham at Nicer Tuesdays December
- Legs 11: artist Alfie Kungu’s comically long-trousered figures
- Wes Anderson directs H&M Christmas advert starring Adrien Brody
- The New Look: Looking back at Roundel’s 1980s identity design for British Rail’s Railfreight
- Discussing cinema with Laura Marling on her directorial debut, Soothing
- London’s first crisp restaurant, Hipchips, launches with branding by Ragged Edge
- Richard Sandler’s street photography conveys the intricacies of city life
- A "stress opus" from cartoonist Nadine Redlich