Fantastic editorial work here from Ella Cohen who goes by the rather apt pseudonym “Ellakookoo.” Hailing from Israel, Ella’s work depicts busy living rooms full of loud families, crammed car journeys, messy kitchens and busy late-night bars – which show off her skill of being able to pick the truth out of day-day life and colour it in better.
Editorial illustration this honest and close to home without being overly twee is hard to come by, so Ella’s talents are truly appreciated. Hard as it is to pick a favourite of her drawings, Ella’s ability to innocently -–and wryly – depict an older couple in bed with a pile of sex books is truly a pleasure to behold. Have a look at her extended collection of work over here on her Flickr
- Yayoi Kusama brings infinity and her iconic pumpkins to two stunning new London shows
- How I Got Here: Kim Gehrig, director
- Founder and creative director of ManvsMachine, Mike Alderson on his most-loved books
- From big cats to commuters, Reece Wykes creates characters using the subtlest of details
- Back to the Future: what today's creatives can learn from yesterday's design principles
- Moniker’s crisp and colourful laser cut posters for Designer Fund
- Anna Ginsburg explores sex and female orgasms in this hilarious animation (NSFW)
- Arne Svenson’s portraits of his New York neighbours taken through apartment windows
- The Co-op returns to its old “clover leaf” logo from the 1960s
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared - an exclusive interview with Duck, Red Guy and Yellow Guy
- Ace new Laura Callaghan work calls BS on the idea that we can be "whatever we want to be"
- Strange posters and superb typography from Venetian studio Tankboys