Fantastic editorial work here from Ella Cohen who goes by the rather apt pseudonym “Ellakookoo.” Hailing from Israel, Ella’s work depicts busy living rooms full of loud families, crammed car journeys, messy kitchens and busy late-night bars – which show off her skill of being able to pick the truth out of day-day life and colour it in better.
Editorial illustration this honest and close to home without being overly twee is hard to come by, so Ella’s talents are truly appreciated. Hard as it is to pick a favourite of her drawings, Ella’s ability to innocently -–and wryly – depict an older couple in bed with a pile of sex books is truly a pleasure to behold. Have a look at her extended collection of work over here on her Flickr
- Back once again, it's Best of the Web!
- Photographers Kelia Anne MacCluskey and Luca Venter explore the limits of reality
- Gabriella Boyd’s paintings capture fleeting moments of intimacy
- Friday Mixtape: Because Music's Jane Third creates a lo-fi electronic mix
- Magic Party Place: CJ Clarke photographs Basildon, Essex over ten years
- Diane Fox distorts the “illusion of the diorama” with beguiling images of museum exhibits
- Photographer Trent Davis Bailey documents rural American community The North Fork
- Mr Bingo’s Valentine’s cards for single people
- Leipzig-based graphic designer Anja Kaiser takes us through her portfolio
- Why creative education for advertising is stuck in the dark ages
- Japanese graphic designer Ryu Mieno creates type-heavy works fizzing with energy
- Graphic artist Patrick Thomas’ found poster collages