Almost two years ago exactly I saw Eve Lloyd Knight’s work at the Kingston illustration graduate show at Red Gallery in Shoreditch and was seriously impressed by her screen printed book, Pedestal. It featured joyful characters parading across strange giant landscapes and was printed with no small amount of skill. Then….nothing. Eve sort of disappeared into the ether and that was all I ever saw of her aside from a single spread in Nobrow 6 a few months later. So where did she go?
Well, turns out she’s been busying herself at The Church Of London, interning and then working full-time as an illustrator, creating imagery and typography for both their Huck and Little White Lies titles. In this role as a multi-faceted commercial image maker Eve has been forced to abandon the trademark style she was utilising as a graduate and embrace a number of different visual languages, a useful exercise for a young creative who no doubt would have been pigeon-holed by now were she working freelance. Her texture-rich illustration demonstrates a variety of processes, the use of which have undoubtedly led to a much more well-rounded creative. Welcome back to the online world Eve.
- No more serifs, same bright colours: Google launches new identity
- British Values: a new zine celebrating stories from immigrant communities in the UK
- A well-crafted, shapeshifting print project celebrating 100 years of design manifestos
- Movers and image-makers: a masterclass in fashion photography from Nick Knight
- Bright, beautiful and of-the-moment portraits shot in Tijuana by Jake Michaels
- Cool, contemporary identity for Crown hat-makers by Studio Moross
- A mind full of filthy ideas and creative brilliance: we visit Malika Favre
- The bizarre, twilight world of Berlin-based photographer Maxime Ballesteros
- Wieden + Kennedy Amsterdam and Colophon create typeface that works with the Earth's tilt
- The Anonymous Sex Journal is back, and this issue is all about wanking
- 12-year-old accidentally punches a hole $1.5 million painting
- Ely Dagher’s hypnotic and erotic animated vignettes for Model 86’s EP (NSFW)