Like my films, foods and taste in music , I like my fashion with a good helping of unsubtle and comic references to history. As you can see from these exuberant pictures fresh off the catwalk, this S/S 14 collection from sartorial cuties Domenico Dolce and Stefano Gabbana is taking all the best bits of ancient history and injecting them with concentrated SASSY.
Are those gladiator sandals embellished with Roman coins? Yes, yes they are. The coins don’t stop there, they’re everywhere! Coins all over the place in this decadent ode to lost civilisations. The weird thing is, Dom and Stef don’t seem to credit the ancient times when referring to their inspiration for the collection, they insist on saying it is based around the theme of an “irrational dream”. Whatever you say, boys. Just keep producing stuff as joyous as this.
- Great design redressing scuzzy skate aesthetics for new totally rad boardsports mag
- Eric Shaw's abstract looped paintings start as digital sketches
- The Midlands folk who celebrate all-things American, shot beautifully by Tom Martin
- Matthew Brooks documents the eerie homes of mid-century Italian-Canadian immigrants
- Introducing Tranny Boxing: glamour, grit, guts and glory captured in east London-based film
- No more serifs, same bright colours: Google launches new identity
- A mind full of filthy ideas and creative brilliance: we visit Malika Favre
- The bizarre, twilight world of Berlin-based photographer Maxime Ballesteros
- Wieden + Kennedy Amsterdam and Colophon create typeface that works with the Earth's tilt
- The Anonymous Sex Journal is back, and this issue is all about wanking
- 12-year-old accidentally punches a hole $1.5 million painting
- Ely Dagher’s hypnotic and erotic animated vignettes for Model 86’s EP (NSFW)