There are doodlers and then there are doodlers, and then there is Félix Decombat, who has taken doodling to a whole new level with both a website and a Flickr site full to the brim with some of the best lo-fi illustration we ever did see. The incredible variety of styles in the heap is testament to just how much talent Félix has, dabbling in comic book-esque imagery and fully fledged sketch-style work alongside chunky, bold or monochromatic variations.
We were especially taken with these images, some of the most recent additions to the overflowing saucepan that is his site. Created with vibrant shades of blue and purple and strong, solid lines, they suggest a hand that’s either incredibly strong at Microsoft Paint or very well adapted to contemporary means. Either way, we’re into it.
- Get your pout on, it's Valentine's weekend, and it's the Best of the Web
- Moby Digg uses basic colours and shapes for photo exhibition identity
- From celebs to cleaners, Maxi Cohen photographs ladies’ rooms around the world
- Seoul-based illustrator Yeon Ji Kang's beautifully thick-limbed ballerinas
- Roses at the ready, our round-up of the best Valentine’s Day ideas from the creative world
- First Dates for those who create: two-thirds of Nous Vous on their special three-way relationship
- VSCO develops new typeface and a symbol-based language as part of its rebrand
- When to wake up, what to drink and how to work: “how to live like a creative” unveiled
- DesignStudio rebrands the Premier League
- Racy photography from the new issue of Odiseo
- Our round-up of last night’s Super Bowl 50 ads
- Hato’s responsive identity design for Pick Me Up 2016