Linda Brownlee calls this short film “A portrait of a lady who loves to dance,” and that is 100% what we have here. In this touching episode in Linda’s Limber Notes series, we are invited into the home of Isabelle Matthews whose husband Douglas narrates this tender little short, talking about his wife’s incurable love for dancing.
As Isabelle dresses up in costumes and prances around in the house in some of the most touching and smile-inducing shots you’ll see all year we hear Douglas describe his ever-moving wife as “a piece of dynamite.” Beautiful. Limber Notes sees Linda journey into the homes of dance-lovers all over the country and film them dancing in their natural habitat at home. Check out episode one over here on Nowness.
- Best of the Web: the stuff we found online that we just can't wait to show you
- Cartoonist Nathan Cowdry introduces a strange and wonderful world in his comic, Western Voyeur
- Things: the August edition
- Andy Warhol: original FOMO artist, Polaroid photographer extraordinaire
- Bielke&Yang creates bright, playful Oslo Design Fair identity
- Bizarre film follows feline photographer Larry Johnson at New Jersey cat show
- No more serifs, same bright colours: Google launches new identity
- Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games logo scrapped over plagiarism row, according to reports
- The slides and sleep pods of LA's Silicon Beach startup scene captured by Lauren Greenfield
- Sarah Illenberger explores horticulture with her exotic new series Wonderplants
- Ely Dagher’s hypnotic and erotic animated vignettes for Model 86’s EP (NSFW)
- Matisse-inspired posters for Serbian Youth Day from designer Monika Lang