We’re very pleased to present part two of our interview with the legend that is Paul Smith. In the second part of the film (the first half of which you can find over here on First Broadcast) by James Aiken and Rob Alderson, Paul lets us in on the secrets of running his business which he has done with gusto since 1970.
As well as giving us an insight into the history of the company, Paul kindly shows us around his colourful London offices where the magic happens and the one-of-a-kind garments are invented. Cheerful, passionate and focused, Paul’s attitude to work is the envy of every businessman in the country. Let’s hope he can inspire us to go about our work day differently today. Enjoy!
- Give thanks, and join us in the weekly feast that is the Best of the Web
- Discos and design explored in gorgeous new Bedford Press book Nightswimming
- Unusual nudes and strange, glittering fashion photography from Arnaud Lajeunie
- Seoul-based studio Chung Choon applies an elegance and simplicity to its posters
- See the work of some of Nick Knight's most impressive new protégés
- Designer Chloe Pannatier looks at fakes and risk in art and money
- Jonathan Barnbrook talks us through designing David Bowie's new album artwork
- Should illustrators be treated like designers?
- Anthony Burrill tells us about his numerous Etsy WORK HARD rip-offs
- Colourful masses with a Memphis aesthetic in Mariano Pascual’s illustrated alphabet
- Japanese illustrator Nimura Daisuke is back with his charmingly naughty gifs
- Grey London's thoughtful, powerful and innovative new campaign for Tate Britain