Last week we were delighted to unveil First Broadcast, our brand new dedicated video channel where you’ll be able to find both videos filmed at our events as well as specially-commissioned content. The first of these new series is Between The Lines, where we visited the studios of some of our favourite publications in an attempt to see how these places, and their personalities, inform the way they work. This week we’ll be presenting these first five videos one a day, kicking off with creative powerhouse Tony Brook of Unit Editions and Spin.
Unit Editions (which Tony runs with Adrian Shaughnessy) has a peerless reputation for publishing intelligent and great looking design tomes, either based around a single creative genius (like Ken Garland or Herb Lubalin) or a particular theme (recently the book on type-centred poster design).
Tony took some time out from his hectic schedule to sit down with us in his south London studio and give us an insight into how and where Unit Editions works.
- Back once again, it's Best of the Web!
- Photographers Kelia Anne MacCluskey and Luca Venter explore the limits of reality
- Gabriella Boyd’s paintings capture fleeting moments of intimacy
- Friday Mixtape: Because Music's Jane Third creates a lo-fi electronic mix
- Magic Party Place: CJ Clarke photographs Basildon, Essex over ten years
- Diane Fox distorts the “illusion of the diorama” with beguiling images of museum exhibits
- Photographer Trent Davis Bailey documents rural American community The North Fork
- Mr Bingo’s Valentine’s cards for single people
- Leipzig-based graphic designer Anja Kaiser takes us through her portfolio
- Why creative education for advertising is stuck in the dark ages
- Japanese graphic designer Ryu Mieno creates type-heavy works fizzing with energy
- Graphic artist Patrick Thomas’ found poster collages