Last week we were delighted to unveil First Broadcast, our brand new dedicated video channel where you’ll be able to find both videos filmed at our events as well as specially-commissioned content. The first of these new series is Between The Lines, where we visited the studios of some of our favourite publications in an attempt to see how these places, and their personalities, inform the way they work. This week we’ll be presenting these first five videos one a day, kicking off with creative powerhouse Tony Brook of Unit Editions and Spin.
Unit Editions (which Tony runs with Adrian Shaughnessy) has a peerless reputation for publishing intelligent and great looking design tomes, either based around a single creative genius (like Ken Garland or Herb Lubalin) or a particular theme (recently the book on type-centred poster design).
Tony took some time out from his hectic schedule to sit down with us in his south London studio and give us an insight into how and where Unit Editions works.
- Beyond Dementia exhibition features artworks and curation by people with the condition
- Creatives' favourite music videos: the inspirational, forbidden and political
- Scott Sheffield examines tourism in the small towns surrounding America’s National Parks
- ECAL photography graduate Cécilia Poupon elevates everyday beauty
- Illustrator Franz Lang draws your daily struggles
- Graffiti, murals and design: Jake Foreman illustrates all mediums in new zine, Flash
- Larry Hallegua captures sun worshippers on Pattaya Beach in Thailand
- Amsterdam-based photographer Lois Cohen’s "absurd" portraits
- Applicants to UK arts and design university courses declines by over 14,000 this year
- Michael Bierut designs new brand identity for the Poetry Foundation
- Colette, the trailblazer: creatives pay tribute to the iconic Parisian store and its legacy
- The Sky Sports rebrand features bespoke type and refined logos across nine channels