Last week we were delighted to unveil First Broadcast, our brand new dedicated video channel where you’ll be able to find both videos filmed at our events as well as specially-commissioned content. The first of these new series is Between The Lines, where we visited the studios of some of our favourite publications in an attempt to see how these places, and their personalities, inform the way they work. This week we’ll be presenting these first five videos one a day, kicking off with creative powerhouse Tony Brook of Unit Editions and Spin.
Unit Editions (which Tony runs with Adrian Shaughnessy) has a peerless reputation for publishing intelligent and great looking design tomes, either based around a single creative genius (like Ken Garland or Herb Lubalin) or a particular theme (recently the book on type-centred poster design).
Tony took some time out from his hectic schedule to sit down with us in his south London studio and give us an insight into how and where Unit Editions works.
- Wrap up warm with this week's Best of the Web
- This is Jane: a charming photo series that displays the empowerment of women
- Brooklyn-based illustrator Aaron Fernandez’s fluorescent editorial commissions
- London-based designer Laura Jouan’s well-considered, monochrome portfolio
- Join Jonathan Barnbrook, Maisie Willoughby, Wallace Henning, Anna Lomax and Jess Bonham at Nicer Tuesdays December
- Legs 11: artist Alfie Kungu’s comically long-trousered figures
- Wes Anderson directs H&M Christmas advert starring Adrien Brody
- The New Look: Looking back at Roundel’s 1980s identity design for British Rail’s Railfreight
- Discussing cinema with Laura Marling on her directorial debut, Soothing
- London’s first crisp restaurant, Hipchips, launches with branding by Ragged Edge
- Richard Sandler’s street photography conveys the intricacies of city life
- A "stress opus" from cartoonist Nadine Redlich