What do all of us have, few of us share and some handle better than others? Yes, that’s right germs. But also secrets and that universal appeal helps explain the stratospheric popularity of Frank Warren’s PostSecret blog, where he invites people to submit their deepest darkest pearlers anonymously. He’s received hundreds of thousands of them to date ranging from the whimsical to the life-altering. As with the best examples of this kind of project it builds up to something much bigger than the sum of its parts – in this instance a fascinating study of people, their relationships and the ways in which they construct their own realities.
Yesterday Frank’s recent TED talk was posted online and it’s a really interesting 11 minutes sure to feed fans’ addiction and win over newcomers.
- First Dates for those who create: Jessica Walsh and Timothy Goodman talk dating and working (and both)
- Superb designs by London studio Julia for the Whitechapel Gallery
- Vogue celebrates 100 years of style at the National Portrait Gallery
- Nine vital nuggets about the hows and whys of being a project manager or producer – and why all the hard work is worth it
- Stars, drag queens, and the literati: Avedon and Warhol’s heroes and antiheroes
- Designer Morag Myerscough gives us a peek at her bookshelf
- Racy photography from the new issue of Odiseo
- VSCO develops new typeface and a symbol-based language as part of its rebrand
- When to wake up, what to drink and how to work: “how to live like a creative” unveiled
- How to beat creative block: one designer offers his invaluable advice
- DesignStudio rebrands the Premier League
- Meditation and creativity: should we believe the hype?