What do all of us have, few of us share and some handle better than others? Yes, that’s right germs. But also secrets and that universal appeal helps explain the stratospheric popularity of Frank Warren’s PostSecret blog, where he invites people to submit their deepest darkest pearlers anonymously. He’s received hundreds of thousands of them to date ranging from the whimsical to the life-altering. As with the best examples of this kind of project it builds up to something much bigger than the sum of its parts – in this instance a fascinating study of people, their relationships and the ways in which they construct their own realities.
Yesterday Frank’s recent TED talk was posted online and it’s a really interesting 11 minutes sure to feed fans’ addiction and win over newcomers.
- Envisions collective, breaking down the boundaries of design
- Zsofia Schweger’s paintings depict her Hungarian home frozen in time
- Illustrator Nuno Maria’s fresh aesthetic and smooth shapes rework ordinary objects
- A cookbook inspired by Brad Pitt's on-screen eating habits
- Uganda’s boisterous nightlife as captured by photographer Michele Sibiloni
- Vanguards magazine explores Scotland's undiscovered creative treasure
- Sagmeister & Walsh rebrands fashion label Milly to reflect its "edgy" new personality
- Dominic Wilcox designs art exhibition for dogs (plus exclusive artist sketches)
- Jaemin Lee’s gloriously retro exhibition identities and poster designs
- James Jean’s phantasmagorical world of technicolour fever dreams
- The Refugee Nation Olympic flag was inspired by a lifejacket
- Things: the inspiring post that got us through the long hot summer nights of August