What do all of us have, few of us share and some handle better than others? Yes, that’s right germs. But also secrets and that universal appeal helps explain the stratospheric popularity of Frank Warren’s PostSecret blog, where he invites people to submit their deepest darkest pearlers anonymously. He’s received hundreds of thousands of them to date ranging from the whimsical to the life-altering. As with the best examples of this kind of project it builds up to something much bigger than the sum of its parts – in this instance a fascinating study of people, their relationships and the ways in which they construct their own realities.
Yesterday Frank’s recent TED talk was posted online and it’s a really interesting 11 minutes sure to feed fans’ addiction and win over newcomers.
- Best of the Web is here, and so is the weekend!
- Animator Saiman Chow’s trippy idents for Adult Swim’s Rick and Morty
- Friday Mixtape: Legendary record label, 4AD
- Risograph photograph journal, This is the Same Ocean, returns with a sixth issue
- Illustrator Gizem Vural impresses us with attention-grabbing personal work and commissions
- Colophon Foundry re-releases its road-sign inspired typeface, Montefiore, with new specimen
- Jon Burgerman on his utterly brilliant Instagram experiments
- The photos Juergen Teller took while waiting for Rihanna
- Animator and director James Curran’s amusing 30-day Gifathon project in Tokyo
- "Before I was a graphic designer I had nearly no idea what one was": meet Austin Redman
- Meet Berlin-based studio Büro Bum Bum
- Matthew Raw: the east London artist making clay great again