What do all of us have, few of us share and some handle better than others? Yes, that’s right germs. But also secrets and that universal appeal helps explain the stratospheric popularity of Frank Warren’s PostSecret blog, where he invites people to submit their deepest darkest pearlers anonymously. He’s received hundreds of thousands of them to date ranging from the whimsical to the life-altering. As with the best examples of this kind of project it builds up to something much bigger than the sum of its parts – in this instance a fascinating study of people, their relationships and the ways in which they construct their own realities.
Yesterday Frank’s recent TED talk was posted online and it’s a really interesting 11 minutes sure to feed fans’ addiction and win over newcomers.
- Kevin Umaña’s abstract paintings portray a musical symphony
- The delicately ornate, but very cheeky sculptures of Liv and Dom
- Nike pattern designer Jeremy Pettis' psychedelic illustration side project
- Illustrator Charlotte Ager’s evocative and multilayered drawings
- Meet London-based illustrator, animator and curator Joey Yu
- Best of the Web, your antidote to Friday the 13th!
- Wolff Olins and zigbee launch the “first open-source brand for the Internet of Things”
- Too Fast To Think: why switching off unlocks creativity
- Graphic Design Festival Paris reveals 19 sport-inspired posters by Hort, Julia, Spassky Fischer and more
- FKA twigs teams up with 17 year old photographer David Uzochukwu for new Nike campaign
- Special Projects on why, sometimes, design is best kept simple
- Brian Finke captures the glitz and glamour of the Ms. Senior America beauty pageant