Gary Card is a man for whom the word bespectacled could have been invented. Whenever I see him it’s the first thing I notice and if I had to draw him in a Pictionary-esque scenario, it’s what I’d start with. But if my team still couldn’t guess it, I would have a stab at drawing something technically brilliant and amazingly creative because this guy is the real deal. His new project for Arjowiggins’ Curious Matter paper collection is a fantastical set of creatures which reflect the theme of metamorphosis (the paper is created using potato starch) and as ever Gary makes the most of most of his materials which he harnesses to his own unerring sensibilities. A tip of the cap to you Mr Card.
Check out the nice making-of video below as well for an insight into Gary’s studio and the photoshoot.
- Founder of It’s Nice That Will Hudson announces the launch of new venture Lecture in Progress on Kickstarter
- Dan Emmerson shoots #bikelife in the Welsh valleys
- Dive into Adam Higton's collages via his psychedelic new album and video
- Bill Baird's ephemeral online album is completely unique for every listener
- Ewen Spencer on new commission "Kick over the statues"
- Futur Neue explores texts through clean typography, images and unusual printing techniques
- “Nymphomaniac” photographer Casper Sejersen's explosive images
- Trump protest pins by Sagmeister & Walsh, Hort, Olimpia Zagnoli and more
- Google and INT Works commission 19 illustrators to create over 500 works for Allo app launch
- Kalen Hollomon's collages mix sex with fortune cookies
- Logo Pizza is selling 50 ready-made logos that increase in price with each one sold
- Anja Wicki's sarcastically sweet comic illustrations