Gary Card is a man for whom the word bespectacled could have been invented. Whenever I see him it’s the first thing I notice and if I had to draw him in a Pictionary-esque scenario, it’s what I’d start with. But if my team still couldn’t guess it, I would have a stab at drawing something technically brilliant and amazingly creative because this guy is the real deal. His new project for Arjowiggins’ Curious Matter paper collection is a fantastical set of creatures which reflect the theme of metamorphosis (the paper is created using potato starch) and as ever Gary makes the most of most of his materials which he harnesses to his own unerring sensibilities. A tip of the cap to you Mr Card.
Check out the nice making-of video below as well for an insight into Gary’s studio and the photoshoot.
- Superb updates from plus mûrs showcase slick design and 90s net-art influences
- Mattress Men: a new film tells the tale of Dublin's local hero Mattress Mick
- Baptiste Virot gives us summer vibes with his pop art-inspired illustrations
- Design studio Build creates bold branding for Nike’s Track and Field line
- Marco Onofri tackles the topic of internet lust in The Followers (NSFW)
- Enter your work for the chance to be an It’s Nice That Graduate of 2016!
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared - an exclusive interview with Duck, Red Guy and Yellow Guy
- Yoshinori Mizutani captures the colourful, rain soaked commuters of Tokyo
- David Hockney reveals what life is like in his Los Angeles studio
- Poem Baker photographs the Jûngølā drag clowns of London’s Deptford
- Stack founder Steven Watson shares five of his top magazines
- Hilarious and charming new Maynards Bassetts' Liquorice Allsorts ad by Jack Sachs