This tantalising trailer comes from the excellently titled Late Night Work Club, a “loose, rotating collective of indie animators”. They’ve gathered together to reveal their non-commercial, nocturnal creations in an upcoming animation anthology Ghost Stories.
Late Night Work Club has a laudable mission statement to showcase some of the “best, most personal, experimental and vital animation” happening right now on the internet. So much independent work like this continues in the dark so it’s exciting to see a variety of excellent animators getting together and creating stories to show a wider audience. If this sneak preview’s anything to go this looks set to be a scarily good collection.
- Designer Collin Fletcher’s rich portfolio of music-related projects
- Mainframe turns the movements of recognisable objects on their head
- Local Characters: Anna Kulachek typographically depicts her hometown of Moscow
- Illustrator and animator Steph Hope’s cast of weird and wonderful characters
- Interactive magazine The Exposed searches for utopia in issue two
- Street View: Photographs of Urban Life, displays 100 years of photography
- Netflix launches new documentary series Abstract: The Art of Design with a stellar lineup
- Too Fast To Think: why switching off unlocks creativity
- Maciej Dakowicz's photographs capture unexpected, serendipitous moments
- Juventus football club given a new identity by Interbrand
- Maziyar Pahlevan’s monochrome portfolio is full of typographic experiments
- Tokyo illustrator Okamura Yuta and his endearing brush-and-ink characters