Trust HORT to turn up only weeks into the new year with a shedload of work and slam it down on the table for us all to gawp at. While we’ve spent the tail-end of last year in steamed-up pubs literally drinking our money away, these design champs were busy collating a body of work that would take a normal studio about five times longer to complete.
From Norwegian city-inspired typefaces to entire new magazine redesigns, this portfolio is bursting with genuinely exciting new ventures that are actually making the world a better place. Take, for example, the coffee cups they designed for Happy Cups that are genuinely beautiful. Disposable coffee cups, beautiful! I know! Don’t even get us started on those posters for the infamous Drawing Club, those are some of the most beautiful “doodles” you’ll ever see. Thank you HORT, again. The design world would be lost without you.
- Back so soon? It's Best of the Web!
- The poised collages of New Contemporaries artist Katja Angeli
- True Print: the work of Swiss designer Dafi Kühne catalogued in fantastic new monograph
- The compositional eye of photographer Petr Pawlowski
- French designer Paul Bouigue makes a colourful fanzine about racket sports
- Anthony Burrill designs A-OK! watch in collaboration with Mr Jones Watches
- Photographer Carlota Guerrero on collaborating with Solange and getting signed to WeFolk (some NSFW)
- Taiwanese graphic designer Wang Zhi-Hong’s sublime cover designs
- New York-based Blake Lewis’ neat and considered portfolio exudes simplicity
- Erotic journal Odiseo explores laughter and loathing in its ninth volume (NSFW)
- London-based designer Laura Jouan’s well-considered, monochrome portfolio
- Sagmeister & Walsh releases more pins, raising funds for “causes threatened by the Trump administration”