Trust HORT to turn up only weeks into the new year with a shedload of work and slam it down on the table for us all to gawp at. While we’ve spent the tail-end of last year in steamed-up pubs literally drinking our money away, these design champs were busy collating a body of work that would take a normal studio about five times longer to complete.
From Norwegian city-inspired typefaces to entire new magazine redesigns, this portfolio is bursting with genuinely exciting new ventures that are actually making the world a better place. Take, for example, the coffee cups they designed for Happy Cups that are genuinely beautiful. Disposable coffee cups, beautiful! I know! Don’t even get us started on those posters for the infamous Drawing Club, those are some of the most beautiful “doodles” you’ll ever see. Thank you HORT, again. The design world would be lost without you.
- It's Nice That visits the Turner Prize
- Our Favourite Places is promoting the creative wealth of innovative Sheffield
- Meet tarot-obsessed Gucci illustrator Jayde Fish
- Julia Autz documents Transnistria, a country steeped in Soviet nostalgia
- Felicity Marshall, the illustrator merging editorial and fashion design
- Wow Factor: the eye-popping results of A Load of Jargon's printing workshops
- “Nymphomaniac” photographer Casper Sejersen's explosive images
- Anja Wicki's sarcastically sweet comic illustrations
- Logo Pizza is selling 50 ready-made logos that increase in price with each one sold
- Google and INT Works commission 19 illustrators to create over 500 works for Allo app launch
- The Gentlewoman’s art director, Veronica Ditting gives us a peek at her bookshelf