Trust HORT to turn up only weeks into the new year with a shedload of work and slam it down on the table for us all to gawp at. While we’ve spent the tail-end of last year in steamed-up pubs literally drinking our money away, these design champs were busy collating a body of work that would take a normal studio about five times longer to complete.
From Norwegian city-inspired typefaces to entire new magazine redesigns, this portfolio is bursting with genuinely exciting new ventures that are actually making the world a better place. Take, for example, the coffee cups they designed for Happy Cups that are genuinely beautiful. Disposable coffee cups, beautiful! I know! Don’t even get us started on those posters for the infamous Drawing Club, those are some of the most beautiful “doodles” you’ll ever see. Thank you HORT, again. The design world would be lost without you.
- Sam Pilling directs video for DJ Shadow track Nobody Speaks
- Mrzyk & Moriceau's hilariously psychedelic music video for The Avalanches
- Nick Waplington's artwork for Yak, a striking representation of their sound
- Ondrej Bachor and Jan Horcik create ever-evolving identity for fashion designer Karolina Jurikova
- Bodil Jane's illustrations: ornate, exotic and really very lovely
- Drifting SUVs in the Arabian desert: Peter Garritano explores the world of hajwalah
- Sagmeister & Walsh rebrands fashion label Milly to reflect its "edgy" new personality
- Dominic Wilcox designs art exhibition for dogs (plus exclusive artist sketches)
- Jaemin Lee’s gloriously retro exhibition identities and poster designs
- James Jean’s phantasmagorical world of technicolour fever dreams
- The Refugee Nation Olympic flag was inspired by a lifejacket
- Things: the inspiring post that got us through the long hot summer nights of August