Trust HORT to turn up only weeks into the new year with a shedload of work and slam it down on the table for us all to gawp at. While we’ve spent the tail-end of last year in steamed-up pubs literally drinking our money away, these design champs were busy collating a body of work that would take a normal studio about five times longer to complete.
From Norwegian city-inspired typefaces to entire new magazine redesigns, this portfolio is bursting with genuinely exciting new ventures that are actually making the world a better place. Take, for example, the coffee cups they designed for Happy Cups that are genuinely beautiful. Disposable coffee cups, beautiful! I know! Don’t even get us started on those posters for the infamous Drawing Club, those are some of the most beautiful “doodles” you’ll ever see. Thank you HORT, again. The design world would be lost without you.
- Superb updates from plus mûrs showcase slick design and 90s net-art influences
- Mattress Men: a new film tells the tale of Dublin's local hero Mattress Mick
- Baptiste Virot gives us summer vibes with his pop art-inspired illustrations
- Design studio Build creates bold branding for Nike’s Track and Field line
- Marco Onofri tackles the topic of internet lust in The Followers (NSFW)
- Enter your work for the chance to be an It’s Nice That Graduate of 2016!
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared - an exclusive interview with Duck, Red Guy and Yellow Guy
- Yoshinori Mizutani captures the colourful, rain soaked commuters of Tokyo
- David Hockney reveals what life is like in his Los Angeles studio
- Poem Baker photographs the Jûngølā drag clowns of London’s Deptford
- Stack founder Steven Watson shares five of his top magazines
- Hilarious and charming new Maynards Bassetts' Liquorice Allsorts ad by Jack Sachs