There’s some simple things in life that make us inordinately happy. Finding some delicious cheese you forgot you had in the fridge say, or seeing someone walk into a lamppost while trying to text. Up there with fromage-finding and street-level slapstick is hearing that a well-respected graphic design agency has a new website, and today has been well and truly made by Graphic Thought Facility’s beautiful new portal.
The London-based agency have not entirely abandoned their pared-back aesthetic and it’s still a clean, crisp affair, but by embracing big, bold, beautiful images the unconstrained joy of their work is given even more room to breathe.
We’re particularly enamoured by the adverts for this year’s Frieze Art Fair, with colourful smoke plumes dancing across an azur sky. It’s fabulous to look at, albeit potentially misleading for anyone not acquainted with a London autumn. With Frieze’s first ever New York show now over, this identity should ensure that all eyes now turn to the original offering in October, and there’s also some gorgeous work for other long-term clients Kvadrat and Gagosian Gallery to enjoy.
- Ed Carvalho-Monaghan’s line work is translated into knitwear for It’s Nice That’s Unmade collection
- A fierce portrait of the battles, snaps and outrageous outfits of voguing culture from Ewen Spencer
- Artist Andrey Remnev’s hypnotic Russian Medieval-style paintings
- Illustrator Lili des Bellons' chipper images are full of geometric whimsy
- Matt and Dan’s stark graphic posters for Daniel Avery’s Divided Love
- A hotel’s Wes Anderson-esque dated decor and plant life photographed by Ina Niehoff
- Anthony Burrill tells us about his numerous Etsy WORK HARD rip-offs
- “I wouldn’t recommend trying to make it as an illustrator to anyone”: straight-talking McBess
- Jonathan Barnbrook talks us through designing David Bowie's new album artwork
- Japanese illustrator Nimura Daisuke is back with his charmingly naughty gifs
- Back to basics with Davide Di Gennaro’s symbol-heavy design workshop identity
- New Adult Swim project from the bonkers people behind some sexy Craigslist animations