If you’ve got a weak stomach (especially when it comes to anything medical related) then by all means give this video a go, but I can’t promise it won’t make you flinch. Hanging out in a dreamy meadow by a river, Grizzly Bear lay in the grass whilst stoically performing basic medical tests on one another. Blood tests, ear candles, skin samples and hair tweaking are all shown in twitching, gif form in this beautiful, Dali-esque video by the super-talented Kris Moye.
Kris’ interpretation of Gun-Shy, one of the cheerier songs on Grizzly Bear’s most recent album, is a perfect response for one of the most notoriously intelligent and thought-provoking bands around. On that note, check out his video for Wolfmother, where Kris defaced a video of them playing live with a Sharpie. With a back catalogue such as Kris has, we can’t wait to see whose music he transforms with his trippy visuals next.
- All of human life was there: welcome back to the Best of the Web
- Jody Barton's passionate and political work masters many disciplines
- A Hail Mary pass: how to win the ads at the Super Bowl
- February diary: Where to go and what to see
- Hey Studio’s athletic and geometric typeface for ESPN’s magazine
- Karl Hab’s hypnotic photographs taken out of a plane window
- Racy photography from the new issue of Odiseo
- How to beat creative block: one designer offers his invaluable advice
- Bureau Mirko Borsche works with Nike Basketball on a new graphic language
- Challenging sexism, workplace stress and mindfulness through illustration
- Meditation and creativity: should we believe the hype?
- Why Fonts Matter, and how they impact your mood