Don’t worry folks, Gustav Almestål has taken a break from making food look all sexy – we know that your jelly legs couldn’t take much more of that. Instead he’s teamed up with food stylist Niklas Hansen to make it look absolutely delicious and very very colourful in a wonderful shoot for issue two of The Gourmand, in a way that only such magical collaborations of different crafts manages to do.
And taking the question of “what came first, the chicken or the egg?” to a new, slightly more abstract level, Gustav has also taken some very fantastic photographs of the lovely Christopher Bastin with an unidentified, nervous looking bird perched on his shoulder. Lord knows the poor creature has every right to be. Is there anything this ravishingly talented photographer can’t do with his lens?
- Hello and welcome to the new look It’s Nice That
- Sweet, surreal still lifes by Paris-based Clotilde Viannay
- We ask some established creatives what they wish they'd learned at art school
- Embracing the uncanny with photographer Nadia Lee Cohen (NSFW)
- Music's slick, dark designs for British Fashion Council annual review
- Wonder Room shows how to adapt posters designed for print for online
- Yolanda Dominguez asks kids to describe what they see in fashion campaigns
- Street photography shot on an iPhone during fake phonecalls by Jay Giampietro
- Tokyo 2020 Olympic and Paralympic logos unveiled
- Should creatives ever accept unpaid work? We ask some seasoned experts
- Illustrated campaign for Volkswagen uses parents lying to children as a metaphor
- We get a sneak peek of TASCHEN's new book documenting 50 years of Pirelli