Don’t worry folks, Gustav Almestål has taken a break from making food look all sexy – we know that your jelly legs couldn’t take much more of that. Instead he’s teamed up with food stylist Niklas Hansen to make it look absolutely delicious and very very colourful in a wonderful shoot for issue two of The Gourmand, in a way that only such magical collaborations of different crafts manages to do.
And taking the question of “what came first, the chicken or the egg?” to a new, slightly more abstract level, Gustav has also taken some very fantastic photographs of the lovely Christopher Bastin with an unidentified, nervous looking bird perched on his shoulder. Lord knows the poor creature has every right to be. Is there anything this ravishingly talented photographer can’t do with his lens?
- Submit Saturdays: Should you create a portfolio website when you’re a student?
- Reactions to the referendum and our weekly Best of the Web
- Ben Hill and Daniel Oeffinger offer helping hand on Bucks' new animated spot for Cree
- Kristen Liu-Wong’s wild fluoro illustrations of empowered women
- Thoughtful composition and colour blocking in Martin Steiner’s sleek portfolio
- The Imperfection Booklets by O.OO explain the nuances of Risograph printing
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared - an exclusive interview with Duck, Red Guy and Yellow Guy
- World’s “ugliest” Pantone colour 448C is being used to deter smokers
- Ten of our favourite collage artists on Instagram
- Creative industries make last attempts to sway EU referendum voters
- North evolves Tate identity to be more adaptable
- Monotype unveils its redesigned Transport for London typeface, Johnston100