The problem writhe watching the Olympics is that in comparison it can make you feel, well, a bit fat and lazy. It’s all very well holding forth on the competitors from the comfort of a bar stool but there’s always a nagging voice in your ear asking: “Yeah? What have you ever done.”
Well worry no more as the Hackney Brewery has come up with an excellent solution – beer mat Olympics. You can get that Olympic glow by flipping the diver, balancing the gymnast or building up the weightlifter and there’s no Speedo-wearing/Lottery funding required. Designers Laurie Howell and Toby Treyer- Evans have litho printed Bruce Emmett’s lovely illustrations onto a heavy German beermat stock and created a pub-time pastime as addictive as it is lovely-looking. Thanks gang!
- Back once again, it's Best of the Web!
- Photographers Kelia Anne MacCluskey and Luca Venter explore the limits of reality
- Gabriella Boyd’s paintings capture fleeting moments of intimacy
- Friday Mixtape: Because Music's Jane Third creates a lo-fi electronic mix
- Magic Party Place: CJ Clarke photographs Basildon, Essex over ten years
- Diane Fox distorts the “illusion of the diorama” with beguiling images of museum exhibits
- Photographer Trent Davis Bailey documents rural American community The North Fork
- Mr Bingo’s Valentine’s cards for single people
- Leipzig-based graphic designer Anja Kaiser takes us through her portfolio
- Why creative education for advertising is stuck in the dark ages
- Japanese graphic designer Ryu Mieno creates type-heavy works fizzing with energy
- Graphic artist Patrick Thomas’ found poster collages