The problem writhe watching the Olympics is that in comparison it can make you feel, well, a bit fat and lazy. It’s all very well holding forth on the competitors from the comfort of a bar stool but there’s always a nagging voice in your ear asking: “Yeah? What have you ever done.”
Well worry no more as the Hackney Brewery has come up with an excellent solution – beer mat Olympics. You can get that Olympic glow by flipping the diver, balancing the gymnast or building up the weightlifter and there’s no Speedo-wearing/Lottery funding required. Designers Laurie Howell and Toby Treyer- Evans have litho printed Bruce Emmett’s lovely illustrations onto a heavy German beermat stock and created a pub-time pastime as addictive as it is lovely-looking. Thanks gang!
- Another week over, it's Best of the Web!
- Joseph Harmon's warped intricate works unveiled at new show in Brooklyn
- Sophie Littman captures the underlying awkwardness of a village orchestra
- New York-based agency T&T&T are in it for “$$$$$, fame and graphic bliss”
- The psychedelic world of Dexter Navy
- Photographer Ilyes Griyeb takes us to Senegal's salt lakes
- Trump protest pins by Sagmeister & Walsh, Hort, Olimpia Zagnoli and more
- “Nymphomaniac” photographer Casper Sejersen's explosive images
- Kalen Hollomon's collages mix sex with fortune cookies
- Graphic designer Timo Lenzen fuses hyperreal, architectural forms with vivid colours
- Google and INT Works commission 19 illustrators to create over 500 works for Allo app launch
- Anja Wicki's sarcastically sweet comic illustrations