The problem writhe watching the Olympics is that in comparison it can make you feel, well, a bit fat and lazy. It’s all very well holding forth on the competitors from the comfort of a bar stool but there’s always a nagging voice in your ear asking: “Yeah? What have you ever done.”
Well worry no more as the Hackney Brewery has come up with an excellent solution – beer mat Olympics. You can get that Olympic glow by flipping the diver, balancing the gymnast or building up the weightlifter and there’s no Speedo-wearing/Lottery funding required. Designers Laurie Howell and Toby Treyer- Evans have litho printed Bruce Emmett’s lovely illustrations onto a heavy German beermat stock and created a pub-time pastime as addictive as it is lovely-looking. Thanks gang!
- Standards Manual return with catalogue of 400 objects relating to New York City Transit
- Emma King's publication rewrites Orwell's "1984" using Donald Trump's tweets
- It’s a new dawn, it’s a new day – it’s Best of the Web!
- Bolade Banjo photographs the perseverance of Detroit’s student athletes
- Alex Grigg animates Steve Stoute’s homage to Biggie Smalls
- Billy Clark applies his graphic sensibilities to his minimal yet textured illustrations
- Polaroid’s creative director Danny Pemberton introduces new brand Polaroid Originals
- Artist Dominique Pétrin on creating her very own domestic product
- Universal Everything animate emotive wallpapers for new iPhone devices
- Herburg Weiland’s meticulous editorial designs are typographically-driven
- The Visual History of Type author Paul McNeil selects and dissects his six favourite faces
- Breakdown Press’ Joe Kessler picks out his most-treasured books