Here in the UK we’re just back to work this morning after four long, lovely days off for the Easter weekend. So it’s snap back to reality (oh, there goes gravity) and however much you like your job, there’s sure to be a period of readjustment. Here at It’s NIce That we take your mental well-being pretty seriously and so we knew we had to come back with something so blisteringly brilliant it would blow those blues sky high. And fear not, because in Hattie Stweart we’ve found just the creative for the job.
Our absolute favourite professional doodler has just updated her site with a bundle of ace new work, including a version of Where’s Wally? for Garage magazine called Where’s Alber? (based on the designer Alber Ebaz), an eye-catching mural in Bangkok for the Bukruk street art festival and some awesome work for the spring summer film for Barney’s New York. See you’re smiling aren’t you? And we’ve only gone and thrown in some of her famous DooodleBoms as well for good measure. At ease people, Hatie’s going to get us through this.
- The sun is out, and Best of the Web is here to offer some shade
- Jonathan Castro’s vibrant designs are a realisation of his research and exploration
- Friday Mixtape: top picks from ten years of Field Day
- A retrospective look at Latif Al Ani’s photographs of Iraq’s “golden age”
- Olimpia Zagnoli illustrates How to Eat Spaghetti Like a Lady
- Cost-effective, beautiful shit: an interview with the Deadbeat Club
- YouTube releases its first own-brand font, YouTube Sans, inspired by the play button
- Inside Susan Kare’s sketchbooks are the makings of Mac’s graphic interfaces
- The return of the hovering art director: we asked comic artist Nadine Redlich to peer inside agency life
- Photographer Raymond Rojas captures the “magic” in Disneyland Paris
- Stefan Sagmeister speaks to It's Nice That about The Beauty Project
- Seattle-based illustrator Kelly Bjork depicts languid ladies and neat interiors