Here in the UK we’re just back to work this morning after four long, lovely days off for the Easter weekend. So it’s snap back to reality (oh, there goes gravity) and however much you like your job, there’s sure to be a period of readjustment. Here at It’s NIce That we take your mental well-being pretty seriously and so we knew we had to come back with something so blisteringly brilliant it would blow those blues sky high. And fear not, because in Hattie Stweart we’ve found just the creative for the job.
Our absolute favourite professional doodler has just updated her site with a bundle of ace new work, including a version of Where’s Wally? for Garage magazine called Where’s Alber? (based on the designer Alber Ebaz), an eye-catching mural in Bangkok for the Bukruk street art festival and some awesome work for the spring summer film for Barney’s New York. See you’re smiling aren’t you? And we’ve only gone and thrown in some of her famous DooodleBoms as well for good measure. At ease people, Hatie’s going to get us through this.
- Twin brothers V/A/B on their “difficultly simple” approach to design
- The people’s choice, it’s Best of the Web!
- Larry Hallegua captures sun worshippers on Pattaya Beach in Thailand
- Lukas Korshan photographs Dulwich Hamlet FC, where you can “drink beer, stand up, and let loose"
- “The field is stretching itself bigger and bigger” - Jurgen Bey on design education and infinite possibility
- Peter Judson messes with depth perception in new personal project, Infection
- Fashion photographer Miles Aldridge shoots the cast of Game of Thrones for Time Magazine
- The Netherlands’ royal crest changes gender for national women’s football team kit by Nike
- Peek inside erotic magazine Odiseo’s very NSFW tenth issue
- Rick and Morty’s Exquisite Corpse trailer features 22 animators including Simon Landrein and Bendik Kaltenborn
- Design director, Gail Bichler, on The New York Times Magazine typography exhibition
- Mark Shaw captures the glamour of haute couture runways from the 1950s