If image bank Haw-lin were an American football team we would be pressed up against the barrier, pompoms in hand, wildly screaming our support in between shovelling huge mouthfuls of popcorn into our faces. We’ve long been writing adoring articles about their collaborative work – of which there is no small amount, as they provide their aesthetic prowess to create exciting new projects with brands and creatives alike – so when they got in touch to announce the launch of their new website we expected great things.
They didn’t disappoint; the new site is sleek, well-captioned and easy to navigate, placing all of their excellent work in one great big well of visual inspiration. Long may you reign over image banks, Haw-lin. Hurrah.
- Fear of a flat planet: Heatherwick Studio’s adventures with clay
- Graphic designer Braulio Amado picks out his favourite posters of 2016 from his new book
- Nice Threads, Mate embroiders throwaway British culture in incredible detail
- The high-powered fashion photography of duo Florence & Nicolas
- Beehives, blondes and boobs: Dolly Faibyshev photographs Dollypalooza
- Bold Decisions tests a type specimen’s form in personable font, Lars
- The return of the hovering art director: we asked comic artist Nadine Redlich to peer inside agency life
- YouTube releases its first own-brand font, YouTube Sans, inspired by the play button
- Photographer Raymond Rojas captures the “magic” in Disneyland Paris
- How to go freelance: need-to-know advice from creatives who made it
- Paul Rand’s IBM Graphic Standards Manual to be reissued
- Stefan Sagmeister speaks to It's Nice That about The Beauty Project