Few of those who came to our sumer creative symposium Here could forget Nelly Ben Hayoun’s talk. The French creative, memorably once described as “The Willy Wonka of science” is a ball of energy and gave us an amazing insight into her rollicking relationship with all things scientific; from building volcanoes in her living room to trying to create dark matter in the kitchen sink. She also spoke in-depth about the International Space Orchestra, an extraordinary project she ran with NASA and her plans to actually go into space in the future! Astonishing stuff all round.
Remember you can watch all our Here 2013 videos on our dedicated audio visual site First Broadcast.
- Back so soon? It's Best of the Web!
- The poised collages of New Contemporaries artist Katja Angeli
- True Print: the work of Swiss designer Dafi Kühne catalogued in fantastic new monograph
- The compositional eye of photographer Petr Pawlowski
- French designer Paul Bouigue makes a colourful fanzine about racket sports
- Anthony Burrill designs A-OK! watch in collaboration with Mr Jones Watches
- Photographer Carlota Guerrero on collaborating with Solange and getting signed to WeFolk (some NSFW)
- Taiwanese graphic designer Wang Zhi-Hong’s sublime cover designs
- New York-based Blake Lewis’ neat and considered portfolio exudes simplicity
- Erotic journal Odiseo explores laughter and loathing in its ninth volume (NSFW)
- London-based designer Laura Jouan’s well-considered, monochrome portfolio
- Sagmeister & Walsh releases more pins, raising funds for “causes threatened by the Trump administration”