We’re huge fans of rAndom International. Founded in 2005 by Stuart Wood, Florian Ortkrass and Hannes Koch, with the intention of exploring the behaviour of humans and how they interact, they create artworks and installations using raw fragments of artificial intelligence to encourage relationships between the converging worlds of the animate and inanimate.
Often using light and movement for their experimentation, the Rain Room at the Barbican gained world-wide recognition and you can read how much it blew our minds here. They also created an installation called Future Self which captures movement in light creating a three-dimensional sculpture that reacts to the gestures of those surrounding it.
Stuart Wood directs the artistic implementation of technology in rAndom’s work, collaborating with his fellow founders on the studio’s creative direction. We are thrilled to have Stuart speaking at Here 2013, where he will be exploring human behaviour in relation to rAndom’s productions, combining his background in electronics, software and engineering and his ongoing interest in people and their actions and reactions.
For more info on Here 2013 and to get tickets please visit: www.here-london.com
There are only 115 tickets left!
Group discounts for Here are available – please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you’re a student or recent 2012 graduate then we’re offering educational discounts (£60 for full day pass) – simply email email@example.com for the discount code.
- Superb updates from plus mûrs showcase slick design and 90s net-art inspo
- Mattress Men: a new film tells the tale of Dublin's local hero Mattress Mick
- Baptiste Virot gives us summer vibes with his pop art-inspired illustrations
- Design studio Build creates bold branding for Nike’s Track and Field line
- Enter your work for the chance to be an It’s Nice That Graduate of 2016!
- Kyle Weeks’ photos portray the traditional and contemporary identity of the Himba people
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared - an exclusive interview with Duck, Red Guy and Yellow Guy
- Yoshinori Mizutani captures the colourful, rain soaked commuters of Tokyo
- Poem Baker photographs the Jûngølā drag clowns of London’s Deptford
- Stack founder Steven Watson shares five of his top magazines
- Photography: New show at LCC shows young travelling communities of the 90s
- Hilarious and charming new Maynards Bassetts' Liquorice Allsorts ad by Jack Sachs