We are thrilled to announce that the multitalented and hugely influential British designer Thomas Heatherwick will be delivering the closing keynote talk of Here, our one-day symposium. He will join a stellar line-up of over a dozen brilliant creatives from the UK and abroad speaking about their practice and process, as well as sharing their insights and expertise, in our biggest event to date.
Championing creativity across multiple practices, the top-notch programme of high-profile speakers includes, acclaimed British fashion luminary Sir Paul Smith multi-faceted illustrator Quentin Jones, BAFTA-winning animator Grant Orchard, Eike König founder of Hort, and Sonya Dyakova director at frieze Magazine.
Highly-acclaimed photojournalist Giles Duley will be sharing his stories, alongside the fascinating body-architect and TED fellow Lucy McCrae more, Andy Stevens of legendary graphic design studio Graphic Thought Facility will deliver some design words of wisdom, and we’ll also be joined by Dreams of a Life director Carol Morley, and talented brothers Job (Letman) and Roel Wouters (Moniker).
Adding to the mix of inspirational talks, expect some experimental antics from the one and only Bompas & Parr. Here is taking place this September during London Design Festival, at London’s spectacular Royal Geographical Society.
If you are a student or a recent 2012 graduate we are happy to offer you educational discounts of over 50% (full day tickets for £45). Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for the discount code
- Hey presto, it's Best of the Web!
- Paris-based Studio Jimbo creates "impact and power" with punchy poster designs
- Minju An's oddly sinister illustrations depict strange characters and floating bread
- Friday Mixtape: Warpaint's Glastonbury picks
- Karifurav Caihua’s weirdly erotic Japanese-inspired illustrations
- High octane Nike China animation gets kids to wear their bandages as a “badge of honour”
- “Evolve or die”: Bloomberg Businessweek creative director Rob Vargas on the magazine’s redesign
- Southbank Centre visual identity redesigned by North, to be a “confident masthead” for the institution
- Photographer Khadija Saye has died in the Grenfell Tower fire, her family confirm
- The Buzzfeed redesign: UK art director Tim Lane talks us through his seven-month overhaul
- Alex Norris’ hilarious three-panelled webcomics are universally appealing
- Fresh Yale grad Franci Virgili applies an academic approach to graphic design