We are thrilled to announce that the multitalented and hugely influential British designer Thomas Heatherwick will be delivering the closing keynote talk of Here, our one-day symposium. He will join a stellar line-up of over a dozen brilliant creatives from the UK and abroad speaking about their practice and process, as well as sharing their insights and expertise, in our biggest event to date.
Championing creativity across multiple practices, the top-notch programme of high-profile speakers includes, acclaimed British fashion luminary Sir Paul Smith multi-faceted illustrator Quentin Jones, BAFTA-winning animator Grant Orchard, Eike König founder of Hort, and Sonya Dyakova director at frieze Magazine.
Highly-acclaimed photojournalist Giles Duley will be sharing his stories, alongside the fascinating body-architect and TED fellow Lucy McCrae more, Andy Stevens of legendary graphic design studio Graphic Thought Facility will deliver some design words of wisdom, and we’ll also be joined by Dreams of a Life director Carol Morley, and talented brothers Job (Letman) and Roel Wouters (Moniker).
Adding to the mix of inspirational talks, expect some experimental antics from the one and only Bompas & Parr. Here is taking place this September during London Design Festival, at London’s spectacular Royal Geographical Society.
If you are a student or a recent 2012 graduate we are happy to offer you educational discounts of over 50% (full day tickets for £45). Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for the discount code
- Dressed in Black: the resolute book covers of the Spektrum series
- Dima Shriyeav’s textured poster designs incorporate hand-drawn and digital elements
- Hai-Hsin Huang’s detailed and delicate illustrations present “the lightness of being”
- Laurent Eisler draws playful figures in “precariously balanced compositions”
- Small Gods magazine explores “anomalies of the drone”
- Adam Wells animates Love and Radio’s Dan Deacon interview through obtuse vignettes
- Fashion photographer Miles Aldridge shoots the cast of Game of Thrones for Time Magazine
- The Netherlands’ royal crest changes gender for national women’s football team kit by Nike
- Peek inside erotic magazine Odiseo’s very NSFW tenth issue
- Rick and Morty’s Exquisite Corpse trailer features 22 animators including Simon Landrein and Bendik Kaltenborn
- Design director, Gail Bichler, on The New York Times Magazine typography exhibition
- Mark Shaw captures the glamour of haute couture runways from the 1950s