After the resounding success of 2011’s In Progress and the fantastic talks by the 30 brilliant speakers involved in last week’s Beauty in the Making, we are very excited to announce the launch of our creative symposium, Here, It’s Nice That’s biggest event to date.
In September this year, in the grand setting of London’s Royal Geographical Society, we will be showcasing an expertly-curated collection of current and renowned creative practitioners speaking broadly on their practice, process, ideas, and expertise with an emphasis on inspiration.
From up-and-coming film directors to prolific fashion designers, from digital innovators and photographers, to animators and graphic designers old and new, this one-day symposium will bring together some of the most innovative minds working today.
The jam-packed programme of high-profile speakers includes acclaimed British fashion luminary Sir Paul Smith, Sonya Dyakova graphic designer and art director at frieze magazine, Dreams of a Life director Carol Morley, BAFTA-winning animator Grant Orchard, and Eike König founder of award-winning design agency Hort, plus a whole host more, to be announced over the coming weeks.
A limited number of Earlybird tickets are available now. Further full price tickets and the full programme will be announced soon so watch this space.
- Twin brothers V/A/B on their “difficultly simple” approach to design
- The people’s choice, it’s Best of the Web!
- Larry Hallegua captures sun worshippers on Pattaya Beach in Thailand
- Lukas Korshan photographs Dulwich Hamlet FC, where you can “drink beer, stand up, and let loose"
- “The field is stretching itself bigger and bigger” - Jurgen Bey on design education and infinite possibility
- Peter Judson messes with depth perception in new personal project, Infection
- Fashion photographer Miles Aldridge shoots the cast of Game of Thrones for Time Magazine
- The Netherlands’ royal crest changes gender for national women’s football team kit by Nike
- Peek inside erotic magazine Odiseo’s very NSFW tenth issue
- Rick and Morty’s Exquisite Corpse trailer features 22 animators including Simon Landrein and Bendik Kaltenborn
- Design director, Gail Bichler, on The New York Times Magazine typography exhibition
- Mark Shaw captures the glamour of haute couture runways from the 1950s