After the resounding success of 2011’s In Progress and the fantastic talks by the 30 brilliant speakers involved in last week’s Beauty in the Making, we are very excited to announce the launch of our creative symposium, Here, It’s Nice That’s biggest event to date.
In September this year, in the grand setting of London’s Royal Geographical Society, we will be showcasing an expertly-curated collection of current and renowned creative practitioners speaking broadly on their practice, process, ideas, and expertise with an emphasis on inspiration.
From up-and-coming film directors to prolific fashion designers, from digital innovators and photographers, to animators and graphic designers old and new, this one-day symposium will bring together some of the most innovative minds working today.
The jam-packed programme of high-profile speakers includes acclaimed British fashion luminary Sir Paul Smith, Sonya Dyakova graphic designer and art director at frieze magazine, Dreams of a Life director Carol Morley, BAFTA-winning animator Grant Orchard, and Eike König founder of award-winning design agency Hort, plus a whole host more, to be announced over the coming weeks.
A limited number of Earlybird tickets are available now. Further full price tickets and the full programme will be announced soon so watch this space.
- Roberta Sant’Anna takes her camera inside a weird and wonderful Brazilian water park
- “Work hard and be nice to people”: what we learned at Nicer Tuesdays March
- “Dance exists when we run out of things to say”: choreographer Holly Blakey on her life and practice
- From admirer to employee: The New York Times Magazine designer Ben Grandgenett
- Amina Bouajila’s illustrations flit between reality and limbo in colourful hues
- Rufus Newell uses curves and scribbles to depict Greek gods and heroes
- Petition launched against winner of Foam Paul Huf photography award for “stereotyping and sexism”
- Exclusive: rediscover graphics from Fiorucci’s archival 1984 Panini collaboration
- Kirsten Lepore’s creepy clay character is oddly soothing in this brilliant animation
- Me & EU project will send creative postcards across Europe on trigger date of Article 50
- Phaidon book gathers together 500 of the most iconic graphic designs of all time
- Atelier Brenda: the alter ego of three female designers you need to get to know