After the resounding success of 2011’s In Progress and the fantastic talks by the 30 brilliant speakers involved in last week’s Beauty in the Making, we are very excited to announce the launch of our creative symposium, Here, It’s Nice That’s biggest event to date.
In September this year, in the grand setting of London’s Royal Geographical Society, we will be showcasing an expertly-curated collection of current and renowned creative practitioners speaking broadly on their practice, process, ideas, and expertise with an emphasis on inspiration.
From up-and-coming film directors to prolific fashion designers, from digital innovators and photographers, to animators and graphic designers old and new, this one-day symposium will bring together some of the most innovative minds working today.
The jam-packed programme of high-profile speakers includes acclaimed British fashion luminary Sir Paul Smith, Sonya Dyakova graphic designer and art director at frieze magazine, Dreams of a Life director Carol Morley, BAFTA-winning animator Grant Orchard, and Eike König founder of award-winning design agency Hort, plus a whole host more, to be announced over the coming weeks.
A limited number of Earlybird tickets are available now. Further full price tickets and the full programme will be announced soon so watch this space.
- Best of the Web: a few of our favourite things we've spotted on the internet this week
- Tom Phillips' magnum opus turned a Victorian novel into a work of art spanning 50 years
- Matisse-inspired posters for Serbian Youth Day from designer Monika Lang
- Raphael Schoen's cheerfully chaotic posters for a Swiss youth club
- Illustrators including Sam Taylor and Charlotte Mei's tributes to NWA's Straight Outta Compton
- The slides and sleep pods of LA's Silicon Beach startup scene captured by Lauren Greenfield
- A mind full of filthy ideas and creative brilliance: we visit Malika Favre
- The bizarre, twilight world of Berlin-based photographer Maxime Ballesteros
- Wieden + Kennedy Amsterdam and Colophon create typeface that works with the Earth's tilt
- The Anonymous Sex Journal is back, and this issue is all about wanking
- The homeless Dirty Kids of America and their "rainbow party" explored in new film
- 12-year-old accidentally punches a hole $1.5 million painting