After the resounding success of 2011’s In Progress and the fantastic talks by the 30 brilliant speakers involved in last week’s Beauty in the Making, we are very excited to announce the launch of our creative symposium, Here, It’s Nice That’s biggest event to date.
In September this year, in the grand setting of London’s Royal Geographical Society, we will be showcasing an expertly-curated collection of current and renowned creative practitioners speaking broadly on their practice, process, ideas, and expertise with an emphasis on inspiration.
From up-and-coming film directors to prolific fashion designers, from digital innovators and photographers, to animators and graphic designers old and new, this one-day symposium will bring together some of the most innovative minds working today.
The jam-packed programme of high-profile speakers includes acclaimed British fashion luminary Sir Paul Smith, Sonya Dyakova graphic designer and art director at frieze magazine, Dreams of a Life director Carol Morley, BAFTA-winning animator Grant Orchard, and Eike König founder of award-winning design agency Hort, plus a whole host more, to be announced over the coming weeks.
A limited number of Earlybird tickets are available now. Further full price tickets and the full programme will be announced soon so watch this space.
- Submit Saturdays: photographer and filmmaker Harry Israelson's bright, smart portfolio
- May Diary: where to go and what to see this month
- Crisp and vibrant design work from ECAL graduate Clement Rouzaud
- Portuguese illustrator Tiago Galo’s plump little characters are oddly charming
- Matthew Butcher launches the Flood House that will travel around the Thames Estuary
- Haunting train-simulator-based animation by Jack Featherstone for Occult Orientated Crime
- Philip Coppola spends nearly 40 years illustrating New York City’s Subway Stations
- LA studio Laundry creates amazing warped Simpsons idents for American channel FX
- Design Bridge creates new harp icon for Guinness
- Winning design for Tokyo 2020 Olympics unveiled
- Prince: 1958-2016
- Milton Glaser creates new look for Brooklyn Brewery