Last autumn we were thrilled to bring together a top notch line-up of speakers from across the art and design world for our inaugural creative symposium Here. For the lucky 500 who managed to get tickets they were treated to a day of wit and wisdom, insights and inspiration, and now we are ready to release the films of the talks. So whether you were there and want to relive your favourites, or if you’re coming at it afresh, there’s sure to be something to whet your creative appetite.
We’ll be releasing the films in stages and we’re kicking of with the mercurial Eike König
of HORT. The Berlin-based designer’s Who the fuck is Eike? talk was a great introduction to his studio culture and his way of working. Look out for some more big names over the coming weeks and keep your eyes peeled because tickets for Here 2013 will be released soon.
- Submit Saturdays: eggs, gifs and monochromatic illustration from Illustrator Jocelyn Tsaih
- Boot Boyz Biz: promoting community, not commodity
- Waving goodbye to July with our weekly Best of the Web
- The classical and the crude combine to represent the multiple facets of The Arab City
- Parquet Courts’ Andrew Savage on the interchanging influence of art and music
- Thee Drinkers: New exhibition conveys the joys and despair of having a few too many
- Benedict Redgrove’s beautifully hypnotic film about how a tennis ball is created
- Tommy Cash subverts the tropes of rap videos with a fleshy celebration of the human body (NSFW)
- Ian Davis’ picturesque paintings of bureaucratic dystopia
- Is it ever OK to work for free?
- Pentagram unveils refresh of Mastercard’s brand mark and identity
- Peter Saville and Tate Design Studio create beer can artwork for Switch House pale ale