Last autumn we were thrilled to bring together a top notch line-up of speakers from across the art and design world for our inaugural creative symposium Here. For the lucky 500 who managed to get tickets they were treated to a day of wit and wisdom, insights and inspiration, and now we are ready to release the films of the talks. So whether you were there and want to relive your favourites, or if you’re coming at it afresh, there’s sure to be something to whet your creative appetite.
We’ll be releasing the films in stages and we’re kicking of with the mercurial Eike König
of HORT. The Berlin-based designer’s Who the fuck is Eike? talk was a great introduction to his studio culture and his way of working. Look out for some more big names over the coming weeks and keep your eyes peeled because tickets for Here 2013 will be released soon.
- The sun is out, and Best of the Web is here to offer some shade
- Jonathan Castro’s vibrant designs are a realisation of his research and exploration
- Friday Mixtape: top picks from ten years of Field Day
- A retrospective look at Latif Al Ani’s photographs of Iraq’s “golden age”
- Olimpia Zagnoli illustrates How to Eat Spaghetti Like a Lady
- Cost-effective, beautiful shit: an interview with the Deadbeat Club
- YouTube releases its first own-brand font, YouTube Sans, inspired by the play button
- Inside Susan Kare’s sketchbooks are the makings of Mac’s graphic interfaces
- The return of the hovering art director: we asked comic artist Nadine Redlich to peer inside agency life
- Photographer Raymond Rojas captures the “magic” in Disneyland Paris
- Stefan Sagmeister speaks to It's Nice That about The Beauty Project
- Seattle-based illustrator Kelly Bjork depicts languid ladies and neat interiors