Last autumn we were thrilled to bring together a top notch line-up of speakers from across the art and design world for our inaugural creative symposium Here. For the lucky 500 who managed to get tickets they were treated to a day of wit and wisdom, insights and inspiration, and now we are ready to release the films of the talks. So whether you were there and want to relive your favourites, or if you’re coming at it afresh, there’s sure to be something to whet your creative appetite.
We’ll be releasing the films in stages and we’re kicking of with the mercurial Eike König
of HORT. The Berlin-based designer’s Who the fuck is Eike? talk was a great introduction to his studio culture and his way of working. Look out for some more big names over the coming weeks and keep your eyes peeled because tickets for Here 2013 will be released soon.
- Creative director David Lane tells us about redesigning frieze and creating campaigns for Hermés and Ally Capellino
- Photographer Zuza Krajewska's fragile portraits of Polish young offenders
- Anibal Bley’s Risograph zine experiments with glitchy patterns and illustrations
- CG Watkins’ narratively driven photography conveys mystery and escapism
- Sharp Type creates punchy typeface inspired by Swiss designer Adrian Frutiger
- Illustrator Susa Monteiro’s lonely figures battle the elements
- Grope Sans: a very rude typeface by Bompas & Parr
- Japanese graphic designer Ryu Mieno creates type-heavy works fizzing with energy
- The reductive and exacting work of graphic designer Laura Prim
- Why creative education for advertising is stuck in the dark ages
- Leipzig-based graphic designer Anja Kaiser takes us through her portfolio
- Nicolas Jaar releases Network, a book inspired by radio