Last autumn we were thrilled to bring together a top notch line-up of speakers from across the art and design world for our inaugural creative symposium Here. For the lucky 500 who managed to get tickets they were treated to a day of wit and wisdom, insights and inspiration, and now we are ready to release the films of the talks. So whether you were there and want to relive your favourites, or if you’re coming at it afresh, there’s sure to be something to whet your creative appetite.
We’ll be releasing the films in stages and we’re kicking of with the mercurial Eike König
of HORT. The Berlin-based designer’s Who the fuck is Eike? talk was a great introduction to his studio culture and his way of working. Look out for some more big names over the coming weeks and keep your eyes peeled because tickets for Here 2013 will be released soon.
- “Non-league football is our punk rock” – Alex Brown’s work for Eastbourne Town FC
- Artist Esther Watson reimagines the flying saucers her dad created as a child
- Clara von Zweigbergk talks us through her art direction for Danish brand Hay
- John Molesworth illustrates the hustle and bustle of Record Store Day 2017
- “The artistic process becomes a form of yoga”: artist Christopher Davison
- More vibrant, goblin-like characters from illustrator Alex Jenkins
- Animator and director James Curran’s amusing 30-day Gifathon project in Tokyo
- Photographer Sophie Mayanne’s new personal project celebrates imperfection (NSFW)
- Jon Burgerman on his utterly brilliant Instagram experiments
- "Before I was a graphic designer I had nearly no idea what one was": meet Austin Redman
- Animator Saiman Chow’s trippy idents for Adult Swim’s Rick and Morty
- The daily grind: Louis Quail’s photographs of fascinatingly mundane offices