Last autumn we were thrilled to bring together a top notch line-up of speakers from across the art and design world for our inaugural creative symposium Here. For the lucky 500 who managed to get tickets they were treated to a day of wit and wisdom, insights and inspiration, and now we are ready to release the films of the talks. So whether you were there and want to relive your favourites, or if you’re coming at it afresh, there’s sure to be something to whet your creative appetite.
We’ll be releasing the films in stages and we’re kicking of with the mercurial Eike König
of HORT. The Berlin-based designer’s Who the fuck is Eike? talk was a great introduction to his studio culture and his way of working. Look out for some more big names over the coming weeks and keep your eyes peeled because tickets for Here 2013 will be released soon.
- Give thanks, and join us in the weekly feast that is the Best of the Web
- Discos and design explored in gorgeous new Bedford Press book Nightswimming
- Unusual nudes and strange, glittering fashion photography from Arnaud Lajeunie
- Seoul-based studio Chung Choon applies an elegance and simplicity to its posters
- See the work of some of Nick Knight's most impressive new protégés
- Designer Chloe Pannatier looks at fakes and risk in art and money
- Jonathan Barnbrook talks us through designing David Bowie's new album artwork
- Should illustrators be treated like designers?
- Anthony Burrill tells us about his numerous Etsy WORK HARD rip-offs
- Colourful masses with a Memphis aesthetic in Mariano Pascual’s illustrated alphabet
- Japanese illustrator Nimura Daisuke is back with his charmingly naughty gifs
- Grey London's thoughtful, powerful and innovative new campaign for Tate Britain