If you haven’t already heard of Adam Buxton, you’ve clearly been living in a hole for the past decade. Adam is an actor, writer and director, and not to mention pretty damn funny. You probably know him from The Adam & Joe Show with partner in crime, Joe Cornish; their creative partnership spanned more than a decade and the duo were featured on Channel 4, Xfm, BBC 6 Music and E4.
Currently, Adam hosts a bi-monthly event called BUG, where he invites guests, talks about current innovative music videos and tackles the ridiculous domain of YouTube comments, throwing in the odd music video he’s made himself. His hilariousness does not stop there: Country Man with Monty Buggershop-Hooty, his collection of music videos, and the Adam & Joe podcast are all worth checking out.
Aptly named: The Timeless Musical Genius of Adam Buxton, Adam’s talk-cum-creative experiment (in his own words) will be, “an insight into the timeless musical genius of Adam Buxton. Be amazed as the actual Garageband loops used to create the Text The Nation jingle are revealed. Marvel as a classic Song Wars songs is deconstructed. Gasp as a song about this talk is created in front of your actual eyes. Leave feeling inspired and aroused.”
Definitely not one to miss! For more info on Here 2013 and to get tickets please visit: www.here-london.com
There are group discounts available for groups of five or more – please email email@example.com. If you’re a student or recent 2012 graduate then we’re offering educational discounts (£60 for full day pass) – simply email firstname.lastname@example.org for the discount code.
- Spin studio shares its latest work and how to perk up "depressed-looking" v’s
- Animator Dan Castro tackles the intricacies of relationships in this funny short
- “I don't want to lose my connection with the tangible”: illustrator Jack Taylor on his new digital and 3D process
- Greta Thorkels: a graphic designer creating Gilmore Girls zines and record sleeves
- Grégory Michenaud’s ongoing project sees him explore identity in a Hasidic Jewish community
- Photographer Gilleam Trapenberg explores macho culture against rose-tinted skies in Big Papi
- The New York Times Magazine’s new cover is actually a painting
- BBC’s new typeface BBC Reith is designed to improve legibility on screen
- “It needs to be normalised that women masturbate”: meet illustrator Jordyn McGeachin
- Life through the lens of enchanting photographer Vicki King
- Six months in the (enviable) life of photographer Ryan Lowry
- We get to know hilarious and thoughtful illustrator, Ruby Etc