If you haven’t already heard of Adam Buxton, you’ve clearly been living in a hole for the past decade. Adam is an actor, writer and director, and not to mention pretty damn funny. You probably know him from The Adam & Joe Show with partner in crime, Joe Cornish; their creative partnership spanned more than a decade and the duo were featured on Channel 4, Xfm, BBC 6 Music and E4.
Currently, Adam hosts a bi-monthly event called BUG, where he invites guests, talks about current innovative music videos and tackles the ridiculous domain of YouTube comments, throwing in the odd music video he’s made himself. His hilariousness does not stop there: Country Man with Monty Buggershop-Hooty, his collection of music videos, and the Adam & Joe podcast are all worth checking out.
Aptly named: The Timeless Musical Genius of Adam Buxton, Adam’s talk-cum-creative experiment (in his own words) will be, “an insight into the timeless musical genius of Adam Buxton. Be amazed as the actual Garageband loops used to create the Text The Nation jingle are revealed. Marvel as a classic Song Wars songs is deconstructed. Gasp as a song about this talk is created in front of your actual eyes. Leave feeling inspired and aroused.”
Definitely not one to miss! For more info on Here 2013 and to get tickets please visit: www.here-london.com
There are group discounts available for groups of five or more – please email email@example.com. If you’re a student or recent 2012 graduate then we’re offering educational discounts (£60 for full day pass) – simply email firstname.lastname@example.org for the discount code.
- Dive into Adam Higton's collages via his psychedelic new album and video
- Bill Baird's ephemeral online album is completely unique for every listener
- Ewen Spencer on new commission "Kick over the statues"
- Futur Neue explores texts through clean typography, images and unusual printing techniques
- Zhang Liang's cartoons sum up American pop culture
- Ira Ivanova designs vibrant wristband-inspired identity for Moscow music festival
- “Nymphomaniac” photographer Casper Sejersen's explosive images
- Trump protest pins by Sagmeister & Walsh, Hort, Olimpia Zagnoli and more
- Google and INT Works commission 19 illustrators to create over 500 works for Allo app launch
- Kalen Hollomon's collages mix sex with fortune cookies
- Logo Pizza is selling 50 ready-made logos that increase in price with each one sold
- Anja Wicki's sarcastically sweet comic illustrations