If you haven’t already heard of Adam Buxton, you’ve clearly been living in a hole for the past decade. Adam is an actor, writer and director, and not to mention pretty damn funny. You probably know him from The Adam & Joe Show with partner in crime, Joe Cornish; their creative partnership spanned more than a decade and the duo were featured on Channel 4, Xfm, BBC 6 Music and E4.
Currently, Adam hosts a bi-monthly event called BUG, where he invites guests, talks about current innovative music videos and tackles the ridiculous domain of YouTube comments, throwing in the odd music video he’s made himself. His hilariousness does not stop there: Country Man with Monty Buggershop-Hooty, his collection of music videos, and the Adam & Joe podcast are all worth checking out.
Aptly named: The Timeless Musical Genius of Adam Buxton, Adam’s talk-cum-creative experiment (in his own words) will be, “an insight into the timeless musical genius of Adam Buxton. Be amazed as the actual Garageband loops used to create the Text The Nation jingle are revealed. Marvel as a classic Song Wars songs is deconstructed. Gasp as a song about this talk is created in front of your actual eyes. Leave feeling inspired and aroused.”
Definitely not one to miss! For more info on Here 2013 and to get tickets please visit: www.here-london.com
There are group discounts available for groups of five or more – please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you’re a student or recent 2012 graduate then we’re offering educational discounts (£60 for full day pass) – simply email email@example.com for the discount code.
- Best of the Web: Trump inauguration protest special
- We go behind the scenes of Bonobo’s trippy No Reason video with director Oscar Hudson
- Doppelglanders: 3D animator Julian Glander interviews his name twin
- The witchy dreamscapes of illustrator Maren Karlson
- Maciej Dakowicz's photographs capture unexpected, serendipitous moments
- The comic book influences of illustrator Stefanie Leinhos
- Wolff Olins and zigbee launch the “first open-source brand for the Internet of Things”
- Graphic Design Festival Paris reveals 19 sport-inspired posters by Hort, Julia, Spassky Fischer and more
- FKA twigs teams up with 17 year old photographer David Uzochukwu for new Nike campaign
- Too Fast To Think: why switching off unlocks creativity
- Brian Finke captures the glitz and glamour of the Ms. Senior America beauty pageant