If you haven’t already heard of Adam Buxton, you’ve clearly been living in a hole for the past decade. Adam is an actor, writer and director, and not to mention pretty damn funny. You probably know him from The Adam & Joe Show with partner in crime, Joe Cornish; their creative partnership spanned more than a decade and the duo were featured on Channel 4, Xfm, BBC 6 Music and E4.
Currently, Adam hosts a bi-monthly event called BUG, where he invites guests, talks about current innovative music videos and tackles the ridiculous domain of YouTube comments, throwing in the odd music video he’s made himself. His hilariousness does not stop there: Country Man with Monty Buggershop-Hooty, his collection of music videos, and the Adam & Joe podcast are all worth checking out.
Aptly named: The Timeless Musical Genius of Adam Buxton, Adam’s talk-cum-creative experiment (in his own words) will be, “an insight into the timeless musical genius of Adam Buxton. Be amazed as the actual Garageband loops used to create the Text The Nation jingle are revealed. Marvel as a classic Song Wars songs is deconstructed. Gasp as a song about this talk is created in front of your actual eyes. Leave feeling inspired and aroused.”
Definitely not one to miss! For more info on Here 2013 and to get tickets please visit: www.here-london.com
There are group discounts available for groups of five or more – please email email@example.com. If you’re a student or recent 2012 graduate then we’re offering educational discounts (£60 for full day pass) – simply email firstname.lastname@example.org for the discount code.
- Sam Pilling directs video for DJ Shadow track Nobody Speaks
- Mrzyk & Moriceau's hilariously psychedelic music video for The Avalanches
- Nick Waplington's artwork for Yak, a striking representation of their sound
- Ondrej Bachor and Jan Horcik create ever-evolving identity for fashion designer Karolina Jurikova
- Bodil Jane's illustrations: ornate, exotic and really very lovely
- Drifting SUVs in the Arabian desert: Peter Garritano explores the world of hajwalah
- Sagmeister & Walsh rebrands fashion label Milly to reflect its "edgy" new personality
- Dominic Wilcox designs art exhibition for dogs (plus exclusive artist sketches)
- Jaemin Lee’s gloriously retro exhibition identities and poster designs
- James Jean’s phantasmagorical world of technicolour fever dreams
- The Refugee Nation Olympic flag was inspired by a lifejacket
- Things: the inspiring post that got us through the long hot summer nights of August