The World Cup inspired projects are coming thick and fast now but few have breached our offside trap more comprehensively than this. It’s a collaboration between designer Dave Sedgwick (Studio DBD) and the Bacelona’s Hey Studio, whose excellent Every Hey Instagram feed has embraced World Cup mania for the purposes of this new book.
Gol! features illustrations of players from each of the 32 nations competing in Brazil and brings Hey’s pared-back, super colourful illustrative style to the likes of Rooney, Ronaldo, Messi and, um, Maynor Figueroa.
Dave said: “The Every Hey characters lend themselves brilliantly to footballers from around the world so I knew they’d be right for the project. A few Skype calls, emails and a meeting in Barcelona and we all agreed the direction we would like to take the collaboration in.”
The book will be on sale at Manchester’s TwentyTwentyTwo space which will also host an exhibition of Hey Studio’s work from 12 June to 5 July; you can also buy it via the online shop here.
- It's Nice That visits the Turner Prize
- Our Favourite Places is promoting the creative wealth of innovative Sheffield
- Meet tarot-obsessed Gucci illustrator Jayde Fish
- Julia Autz documents Transnistria, a country steeped in Soviet nostalgia
- Felicity Marshall, the illustrator merging editorial and fashion design
- Wow Factor: the eye-popping results of A Load of Jargon's printing workshops
- “Nymphomaniac” photographer Casper Sejersen's explosive images
- Anja Wicki's sarcastically sweet comic illustrations
- Logo Pizza is selling 50 ready-made logos that increase in price with each one sold
- Google and INT Works commission 19 illustrators to create over 500 works for Allo app launch
- The Gentlewoman’s art director, Veronica Ditting gives us a peek at her bookshelf