Remember the days when reading under the duvet with your torch was the single most naughty thing you could do? Me to; I was an expert at bidding my mum goodnight, feigning a yawn, waiting the requisite couple of minutes as she padded down the landing and then getting stuck into whatever book was dominating my imagination at that time. Now Hat-trick Design and illustrator Rebecca Sutherland have created a book which plays on the illicit thrill of sub-bedclothes literary experiences, with monsters, magic tricks and mysteries which are only revealed by the light of a torch.
It’s a really nice idea and those behind it have clearly given their inner children free rein to create something weird and wonderful. What’s that, you’re after a punny title too? How does Hide & Eek grab you? Yeah thought so. Night mum…
- Submit Saturdays: So you’ve built your website, what’s next?
- Kalen Hollomon's collages mix sex with fortune cookies
- Best of the web: a whole host of internet goodies
- Mould Map's latest issue is brought to life as an exhibition
- Photographer Toru Akai uncovers the Invisible Machinery that defines modern life
- Kuti Kuti, the comic association looking to educate and inspire
- “Nymphomaniac” photographer Casper Sejersen's explosive images
- Anja Wicki's sarcastically sweet comic illustrations
- Logo Pizza is selling 50 ready-made logos that increase in price with each one sold
- London Design Festival: where to go and what to see
- Caitlyn Murphy's paintings elevate the charm of everyday life
- Sean Lotman’s serenely psychedelic photographs of Japan