Remember the days when reading under the duvet with your torch was the single most naughty thing you could do? Me to; I was an expert at bidding my mum goodnight, feigning a yawn, waiting the requisite couple of minutes as she padded down the landing and then getting stuck into whatever book was dominating my imagination at that time. Now Hat-trick Design and illustrator Rebecca Sutherland have created a book which plays on the illicit thrill of sub-bedclothes literary experiences, with monsters, magic tricks and mysteries which are only revealed by the light of a torch.
It’s a really nice idea and those behind it have clearly given their inner children free rein to create something weird and wonderful. What’s that, you’re after a punny title too? How does Hide & Eek grab you? Yeah thought so. Night mum…
- Back so soon? It's Best of the Web!
- The poised collages of New Contemporaries artist Katja Angeli
- True Print: the work of Swiss designer Dafi Kühne catalogued in fantastic new monograph
- The compositional eye of photographer Petr Pawlowski
- French designer Paul Bouigue makes a colourful fanzine about racket sports
- Anthony Burrill designs A-OK! watch in collaboration with Mr Jones Watches
- Photographer Carlota Guerrero on collaborating with Solange and getting signed to WeFolk (some NSFW)
- Taiwanese graphic designer Wang Zhi-Hong’s sublime cover designs
- New York-based Blake Lewis’ neat and considered portfolio exudes simplicity
- Erotic journal Odiseo explores laughter and loathing in its ninth volume (NSFW)
- London-based designer Laura Jouan’s well-considered, monochrome portfolio
- Sagmeister & Walsh releases more pins, raising funds for “causes threatened by the Trump administration”