What’s the only thing better than a celebration of Italian style and culture? A celebration of Italian style and culture with a retro twist, that’s what, and Londoners are in for that very treat next month with the return of The House of Peroni. Visitors stepping through the doors of 64 Lincoln’s Inn Fields in Holborn will be plunged into a world of all things italiano featuring food and drink, fashion and design.
And the entire immersive experience will take its inspirations from 1963, the year Carlo Peroni created his iconic Peroni Nastro Azzurro beer. The talent taking part includes stellar names from across the creative spectrum: – from architect and co-designer of the Enzo Ferrari museum Andrea Morgante to gastronomic stars from Bottega Wapping, Lorenzo di Francesco and Daniele Miconi, alongside an innovative resident mixologist serving an exciting drinks menu inspired by the Italian heritage and ingredients of Peroni Nastro Azzurro.
As well as the penthouse restaurant with its specially curated 1963-influenced menu, there will be three fashion and design inspired bars, serving up these bespoke infusions as well, of course, as plenty of Peroni Nastro Azzurro.
There is a great programme of special events running throughout May, from a multicolour private dining experience based on the Red Green Blue model of colour used in photography (yes please) to a hands-on gelato session (yes please again), as well as special ticketed dining, music and design events. The House of Peroni opens on Friday 2 May and runs throughout the month – visit the website to book tickets, and to find out more about the events – it’s also a great resource for Italian culture year round!
- All of human life was there: welcome back to the Best of the Web
- Jody Barton's passionate and political work masters many disciplines
- A Hail Mary pass: how to win the ads at the Super Bowl
- February diary: Where to go and what to see
- Hey Studio’s athletic and geometric typeface for ESPN’s magazine
- Karl Hab’s hypnotic photographs taken out of a plane window
- Racy photography from the new issue of Odiseo
- How to beat creative block: one designer offers his invaluable advice
- Bureau Mirko Borsche works with Nike Basketball on a new graphic language
- Challenging sexism, workplace stress and mindfulness through illustration
- Meditation and creativity: should we believe the hype?
- Why Fonts Matter, and how they impact your mood