In January this year Melbourne-based Hunt & Co was officially formed after Hunt Studio and Published by Process were amalgamated (get me) into a single operation. Maybe best known as the brains behind the beautiful Process Journal, but in their newest updates we are treated to a real smorgasbord of lovely work across branding, print and art direction, plus a great new website for Process and a fine-looking instructional make-up app.
What I really like about Hunt & Co is that they don’t overcomplicate the design process – the work is excellently executed but the user always seems to take pride of place in their creative thinking and the simple, striking solutions to varied briefs is a refreshing change from some of the fussier stuff we come across.
- Back once again, it's Best of the Web!
- Photographers Kelia Anne MacCluskey and Luca Venter explore the limits of reality
- Gabriella Boyd’s paintings capture fleeting moments of intimacy
- Friday Mixtape: Because Music's Jane Third creates a lo-fi electronic mix
- Magic Party Place: CJ Clarke photographs Basildon, Essex over ten years
- Diane Fox distorts the “illusion of the diorama” with beguiling images of museum exhibits
- Photographer Trent Davis Bailey documents rural American community The North Fork
- Mr Bingo’s Valentine’s cards for single people
- Leipzig-based graphic designer Anja Kaiser takes us through her portfolio
- Why creative education for advertising is stuck in the dark ages
- Japanese graphic designer Ryu Mieno creates type-heavy works fizzing with energy
- Graphic artist Patrick Thomas’ found poster collages