Positioning themselves as neither specialists or general practitioners, New Orleans-based IAAH/iamalwayshungry occupy an enviable creative space where exploration is as important as the product with a firm belief in “cross-pollination of methodologies”. Such is the model for contemporary design studios and the sheer volume of variegated projects on IAAH’s site that I’m having trouble nailing their work in classical terms.
So to let the work do the talking, one of their projects being released daily on a new and shiny site is some great typographic treatments for Girl With A Dragon Tattoo produced for Kellerhouse Design – a great example of IAAH waving merrily at trend-led design, opting instead for playful solutions centred completely on the nature of the content.
See also the genuinely engaging designs for specific culture brands like DC Comics and Adidas, proving that this hybridised design ethos works and has real world application.
- Founder of It’s Nice That Will Hudson announces the launch of new venture Lecture in Progress on Kickstarter
- Dan Emmerson shoots #bikelife in the Welsh valleys
- Dive into Adam Higton's collages via his psychedelic new album and video
- Bill Baird's ephemeral online album is completely unique for every listener
- Ewen Spencer on new commission "Kick over the statues"
- Futur Neue explores texts through clean typography, images and unusual printing techniques
- “Nymphomaniac” photographer Casper Sejersen's explosive images
- Trump protest pins by Sagmeister & Walsh, Hort, Olimpia Zagnoli and more
- Google and INT Works commission 19 illustrators to create over 500 works for Allo app launch
- Kalen Hollomon's collages mix sex with fortune cookies
- Logo Pizza is selling 50 ready-made logos that increase in price with each one sold
- Anja Wicki's sarcastically sweet comic illustrations