It’s Friday and you know what Fridays are excellent for? Catching up with friends. So in the Friday spirit here’s a lovely slideshow of work by illustrator Ian Stevenson, long time amigo of the site. His latest solo show Really Shit is on at the Ship of Fools gallery in The Netherlands and as always it’s a super-fun mix of whimsy and gentle subversion. A nice way to start the weekend.
The show runs until the end of August and should bring Ian’s brilliant stuff to the attention of an even wider audience.
- Parterre de Rois: the Black issue features Anish Kapoor and Nina Chanel Abney
- Noah Beckwith’s experimental approach to his “stream-of-consciousness” posters
- Talya Modlin shares illustrated gems from her sketchbook
- Seattle-based illustrator Kelly Bjork depicts languid ladies and neat interiors
- The exploratory and exciting typefaces of Out of the Dark
- MullenLowe Group’s Global Creative Officer José Miguel Sokoloff on judging CSM's degree shows
- The return of the hovering art director: we asked comic artist Nadine Redlich to peer inside agency life
- Photographer Carlota Guerrero depicts the female body as a canvas for Apartamento (NSFW)
- After Disney, Nickelodeon and Cartoon Network, Miranda Tacchia’s characters found life on Instagram
- How to go freelance: need-to-know advice from creatives who made it
- YouTube releases its first own-brand font, YouTube Sans, inspired by the play button
- Photographer Raymond Rojas captures the “magic” in Disneyland Paris