Hey guys, great news! You know that awkward moment when someone asks you who your favourite Romanian graphic designer is and you just go all awkward and quiet and they hate you and leave? Right? Well we’ve got you covered, because we’ve just been sent a beautiful new publication from Iancu Barbărasă, a brilliant brand identity designer based in London. For a while now Iancul (the name he works under) has run a blog called Picturing Thoughts, “an ongoing personal project which turns thoughts into images, thereby creating space for more interesting thoughts.”
The images are a really fascinating insight into a designer’s mind, and it’s fun to compare and contrast the entries here with his consummate – but very different – client work. Now Iancu has collected some of his favourite entries into a lovely booklet where his clean, unfussy design approach gives them room to be enjoyed as an eclectic set. The vivid red cover first caught my eye when it landed in the studio but the quality within kept me interested – and the good news? This is billed as Collection 1 so watch this space!
- Submit Saturdays: So you’ve built your website, what’s next?
- Kalen Hollomon's collages mix sex with fortune cookies
- Best of the web: a whole host of internet goodies
- Mould Map's latest issue is brought to life as an exhibition
- Photographer Toru Akai uncovers the Invisible Machinery that defines modern life
- Kuti Kuti, the comic association looking to educate and inspire
- “Nymphomaniac” photographer Casper Sejersen's explosive images
- Anja Wicki's sarcastically sweet comic illustrations
- Logo Pizza is selling 50 ready-made logos that increase in price with each one sold
- London Design Festival: where to go and what to see
- Caitlyn Murphy's paintings elevate the charm of everyday life
- Sean Lotman’s serenely psychedelic photographs of Japan