Hey guys, great news! You know that awkward moment when someone asks you who your favourite Romanian graphic designer is and you just go all awkward and quiet and they hate you and leave? Right? Well we’ve got you covered, because we’ve just been sent a beautiful new publication from Iancu Barbărasă, a brilliant brand identity designer based in London. For a while now Iancul (the name he works under) has run a blog called Picturing Thoughts, “an ongoing personal project which turns thoughts into images, thereby creating space for more interesting thoughts.”
The images are a really fascinating insight into a designer’s mind, and it’s fun to compare and contrast the entries here with his consummate – but very different – client work. Now Iancu has collected some of his favourite entries into a lovely booklet where his clean, unfussy design approach gives them room to be enjoyed as an eclectic set. The vivid red cover first caught my eye when it landed in the studio but the quality within kept me interested – and the good news? This is billed as Collection 1 so watch this space!
- LGBT in advertising: “What we need now is bravery"
- Images packed with life, leather and charm in Bex Day's new series for Pylot
- Photographer Josh Cohen captures New York’s hidden gems
- June Diary: Where to go and what to see
- Atelier Dyakova designs previously unpublished tome, The Photographer’s Cookbook
- Is mindfulness the key to keeping creativity flowing?
- The new Sagmeister & Walsh website has a live feed from a snake enclosure and a new naked photo (NSFW)
- The Co-op returns to its old “clover leaf” logo from the 1960s
- Sexual, surreal and disturbing: the weird work of super-skilled Claudia Maté
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared - an exclusive interview with Duck, Red Guy and Yellow Guy
- Anna Ginsburg explores sex and female orgasms in this hilarious animation (NSFW)
- Ace new Laura Callaghan work calls BS on the idea that we can be "whatever we want to be"