Last year Represent Recruitment spent the month of February delving into what creative businesses look for in new employees – from qualifications and portfolios to punctuality and enthusiasm. The project was a great success but some pointed out that there was a similar discussion to be had surrounding what creatives look for in the businesses they work for. And so this year Represent turned the tables and The Ideal Studio was born. It’s Nice That is delighted to have worked with the recruitment specialists to explore which factors help facilitate top-quality creative thinking.
Every week day this month a new addition to the project will be unveiled on the dedicated website built by those uber-talented folks at Hyperkit. From Pentagram and Wolff Olins to ustwo and With Associates, we have agencies of all shapes and sizes taking part, there’s also a group of freelancers who’ll draw on their experience across multiple workplaces and some experts from related, but not identical, fields adding their thoughts too.
What’s great is that there’s many, many different ideas expressed by our interviewees, from the importance of good coffee and comfy seating to management structures, brainstorming tips and bee-keeping. It promises to be a really enlightening month and once again you can add your thoughts using the discussion threads below each article. So why not delve into the site to see what various experts believe makes for the Ideal Studio…
- Hey presto, it's Best of the Web!
- Paris-based Studio Jimbo creates "impact and power" with punchy poster designs
- Minju An's oddly sinister illustrations depict strange characters and floating bread
- Friday Mixtape: Warpaint's Glastonbury picks
- Karifurav Caihua’s weirdly erotic Japanese-inspired illustrations
- High octane Nike China animation gets kids to wear their bandages as a “badge of honour”
- “Evolve or die”: Bloomberg Businessweek creative director Rob Vargas on the magazine’s redesign
- Southbank Centre visual identity redesigned by North, to be a “confident masthead” for the institution
- Photographer Khadija Saye has died in the Grenfell Tower fire, her family confirm
- The Buzzfeed redesign: UK art director Tim Lane talks us through his seven-month overhaul
- Alex Norris’ hilarious three-panelled webcomics are universally appealing
- Fresh Yale grad Franci Virgili applies an academic approach to graphic design