Last year Represent Recruitment spent the month of February delving into what creative businesses look for in new employees – from qualifications and portfolios to punctuality and enthusiasm. The project was a great success but some pointed out that there was a similar discussion to be had surrounding what creatives look for in the businesses they work for. And so this year Represent turned the tables and The Ideal Studio was born. It’s Nice That is delighted to have worked with the recruitment specialists to explore which factors help facilitate top-quality creative thinking.
Every week day this month a new addition to the project will be unveiled on the dedicated website built by those uber-talented folks at Hyperkit. From Pentagram and Wolff Olins to ustwo and With Associates, we have agencies of all shapes and sizes taking part, there’s also a group of freelancers who’ll draw on their experience across multiple workplaces and some experts from related, but not identical, fields adding their thoughts too.
What’s great is that there’s many, many different ideas expressed by our interviewees, from the importance of good coffee and comfy seating to management structures, brainstorming tips and bee-keeping. It promises to be a really enlightening month and once again you can add your thoughts using the discussion threads below each article. So why not delve into the site to see what various experts believe makes for the Ideal Studio…
- The idyllic and relatable still lifes of Bradley Kerl
- We spoke to the director behind Young Thug's "Wyclef Jean" video
- Illustrator Marina Pcheliakova’s happy characters follow a range of leisure pursuits
- A closer look at the work of “performer and plastic artist” Caroline Denervaud
- Oriele Steiner’s naive pastel works interpret the world around her
- Alan Resnick animates the adventures of his odd little character Johnny Bubble
- Wolff Olins and zigbee launch the “first open-source brand for the Internet of Things”
- Graphic Design Festival Paris reveals 19 sport-inspired posters by Hort, Julia, Spassky Fischer and more
- FKA twigs teams up with 17 year old photographer David Uzochukwu for new Nike campaign
- Too Fast To Think: why switching off unlocks creativity
- Brian Finke captures the glitz and glamour of the Ms. Senior America beauty pageant