Last year Represent Recruitment spent the month of February delving into what creative businesses look for in new employees – from qualifications and portfolios to punctuality and enthusiasm. The project was a great success but some pointed out that there was a similar discussion to be had surrounding what creatives look for in the businesses they work for. And so this year Represent turned the tables and The Ideal Studio was born. It’s Nice That is delighted to have worked with the recruitment specialists to explore which factors help facilitate top-quality creative thinking.
Every week day this month a new addition to the project will be unveiled on the dedicated website built by those uber-talented folks at Hyperkit. From Pentagram and Wolff Olins to ustwo and With Associates, we have agencies of all shapes and sizes taking part, there’s also a group of freelancers who’ll draw on their experience across multiple workplaces and some experts from related, but not identical, fields adding their thoughts too.
What’s great is that there’s many, many different ideas expressed by our interviewees, from the importance of good coffee and comfy seating to management structures, brainstorming tips and bee-keeping. It promises to be a really enlightening month and once again you can add your thoughts using the discussion threads below each article. So why not delve into the site to see what various experts believe makes for the Ideal Studio…
- Iris Erlings’ delicate drawings are inspired by the works of modernist sculptors
- Node Berlin Oslo talks through its redesign of Haus der Kulturen der Welt
- A closer look at five creatives speaking at Design Indaba 2017
- Anxiety, speed and rave flyers: artist Mark Leckey on his iconic video "Fiorucci Made Me Hardcore"
- We speak to Lovetrue director Alma Har’el about her surrealist short film for The Fifth Sense
- Adventures in Typography: Spin’s new book about its creative process
- UN Women Egypt releases intricately illustrated print ads to highlight gender divide at work
- Chinese photographer Ren Hang has died aged 29
- Designer Lennart Van den Bossche’s typographic work combines "logic and beauty"
- Photographer Zuza Krajewska's fragile portraits of Polish young offenders
- Miffy creator, author and illustrator Dick Bruna dies aged 89
- Photographers Kelia Anne MacCluskey and Luca Venter explore the limits of reality