Last year Represent Recruitment spent the month of February delving into what creative businesses look for in new employees – from qualifications and portfolios to punctuality and enthusiasm. The project was a great success but some pointed out that there was a similar discussion to be had surrounding what creatives look for in the businesses they work for. And so this year Represent turned the tables and The Ideal Studio was born. It’s Nice That is delighted to have worked with the recruitment specialists to explore which factors help facilitate top-quality creative thinking.
Every week day this month a new addition to the project will be unveiled on the dedicated website built by those uber-talented folks at Hyperkit. From Pentagram and Wolff Olins to ustwo and With Associates, we have agencies of all shapes and sizes taking part, there’s also a group of freelancers who’ll draw on their experience across multiple workplaces and some experts from related, but not identical, fields adding their thoughts too.
What’s great is that there’s many, many different ideas expressed by our interviewees, from the importance of good coffee and comfy seating to management structures, brainstorming tips and bee-keeping. It promises to be a really enlightening month and once again you can add your thoughts using the discussion threads below each article. So why not delve into the site to see what various experts believe makes for the Ideal Studio…
- May Diary: where to go and what to see this month
- Crisp and vibrant design work from ECAL graduate Clement Rouzaud
- Portuguese illustrator Tiago Galo’s plump little characters are oddly charming
- Matthew Butcher launches the Flood House that will travel around the Thames Estuary
- Haunting train-simulator-based animation by Jack Featherstone for Occult Orientated Crime
- The best things on the web, YOUR best comments and the finest folk to follow on social media
- Philip Coppola spends nearly 40 years illustrating New York City’s Subway Stations
- LA studio Laundry creates amazing warped Simpsons idents for American channel FX
- Design Bridge creates new harp icon for Guinness
- Winning design for Tokyo 2020 Olympics unveiled
- Prince: 1958-2016
- Milton Glaser creates new look for Brooklyn Brewery