Last year Represent Recruitment spent the month of February delving into what creative businesses look for in new employees – from qualifications and portfolios to punctuality and enthusiasm. The project was a great success but some pointed out that there was a similar discussion to be had surrounding what creatives look for in the businesses they work for. And so this year Represent turned the tables and The Ideal Studio was born. It’s Nice That is delighted to have worked with the recruitment specialists to explore which factors help facilitate top-quality creative thinking.
Every week day this month a new addition to the project will be unveiled on the dedicated website built by those uber-talented folks at Hyperkit. From Pentagram and Wolff Olins to ustwo and With Associates, we have agencies of all shapes and sizes taking part, there’s also a group of freelancers who’ll draw on their experience across multiple workplaces and some experts from related, but not identical, fields adding their thoughts too.
What’s great is that there’s many, many different ideas expressed by our interviewees, from the importance of good coffee and comfy seating to management structures, brainstorming tips and bee-keeping. It promises to be a really enlightening month and once again you can add your thoughts using the discussion threads below each article. So why not delve into the site to see what various experts believe makes for the Ideal Studio…
- Cats flying out of speakers and our technology addiction: highlights from Channel 4 Random Acts
- Kyle Bean's tactile simulacrums are brought to life with wit and precision
- Margot Bowman rethinks the selfie and the future of personalisation
- Warriors Studio and Freytag Anderson explore process and dialogue in new identity for GDFS 16
- Gorgeous Memphis-inspired, primary colour-packed work from Benjamin Rawson
- A cacophony of styles come together for this wacky promo animation for Gutter Fest
- The new Sagmeister & Walsh website has a live feed from a snake enclosure and a new naked photo (NSFW)
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared - an exclusive interview with Duck, Red Guy and Yellow Guy
- The Co-op returns to its old “clover leaf” logo from the 1960s
- Sexual, surreal and disturbing: the weird work of super-skilled Claudia Maté
- The best design courses in the UK, according to The Guardian University Guide 2017
- Ace new Laura Callaghan work calls BS on the idea that we can be "whatever we want to be"