You just don’t get much better than this, right? A Berlin couple who create some of the most joy-infused, well thought-out illustrations you’ve ever seen. Imagine actually living in the world of Golden Cosmos; plants, sunshine, orange juice, good books, new socks, tiled floors…Oh my.
It had been a while since we checked up on this duo, so revisiting their website brought a feeling similar to that of opening a chest full of dusty but grandiose clothes, or seeing your favourite plants in full bloom. From the spectacularly innovative watch feature in the near-perfect new issue of Zeit Magazin, to the book review in the New York Times – these illustrations have been chosen because they are classic, informed, and are made with pure, unadulterated happiness.
- You lucky devils, it's Best of the Web!
- Bogdan Ceausescu and Sebastian Pren experiment with grids and shapes in their latest zine
- Friday Mixtape: Illustrator and guitarist Sophy Hollington's *feels* mixtape
- Photographer Anastasia Korosteleva's waterborne portraits of Maldivian girls
- We caught up with photographer Adama Jalloh
- Seoul studio Everyday Practice talks about its collaborative approach to design
- Animator and director James Curran’s amusing 30-day Gifathon project in Tokyo
- Photographer Sophie Mayanne’s new personal project celebrates imperfection (NSFW)
- Animator Saiman Chow’s trippy idents for Adult Swim’s Rick and Morty
- The daily grind: Louis Quail’s photographs of fascinatingly mundane offices
- "Before I was a graphic designer I had nearly no idea what one was": meet Austin Redman
- Matthew Raw: the east London artist making clay great again