Clap your hands and spin around, the blessed day has finally come! The Walker Art Centre in Minnesota has commissioned those nice Nous Vous men to create six illustrations to grace the pages of their bi-monthly magazine for 2014. The much-loved trio of Jay Cover, Nicolas Burrows and William Edmonds decided to combine their talents and make one big drawing TOGETHER!
The enormous image, which the Walker Art Centre is going to split up into six parts, features character illustrations of artists including (deep breath) “Fischli and Weiss, Salvador Dali, Pablo Picasso, Joseph Beuys, Yves Klein, David Nash, Charles and Ray Eames, Constantin Brancusi, Katharina Fritsch, Christo, Robert Wyatt, Florentijn Hofman, and the Lely Venus.”
Appealing to people of any age, this collaborative drawing is as educational as it is beautiful and is a testament to just how talented the Nous Vous guys are on their own or working together as one. Let this be one of many very exciting briefs for them to tackle in the near future. Read a truly inspirational interview with them about this project over at Walker Art Centre.
- Brian Griffin's haunting new photography book documents paths that led to the Holocaust
- Japanese designer Tadashi Ueda is back with some ambiguously playful posters
- Great design redressing scuzzy skate aesthetics for new totally rad boardsports mag
- Eric Shaw's abstract looped paintings start as digital sketches
- The Midlands folk who celebrate all-things American, shot beautifully by Tom Martin
- Matthew Brooks documents the eerie homes of mid-century Italian-Canadian immigrants
- A mind full of filthy ideas and creative brilliance: we visit Malika Favre
- The bizarre, twilight world of Berlin-based photographer Maxime Ballesteros
- Wieden + Kennedy Amsterdam and Colophon create typeface that works with the Earth's tilt
- The Anonymous Sex Journal is back, and this issue is all about wanking
- 12-year-old accidentally punches a hole $1.5 million painting
- Ely Dagher’s hypnotic and erotic animated vignettes for Model 86’s EP (NSFW)