Clap your hands and spin around, the blessed day has finally come! The Walker Art Centre in Minnesota has commissioned those nice Nous Vous men to create six illustrations to grace the pages of their bi-monthly magazine for 2014. The much-loved trio of Jay Cover, Nicolas Burrows and William Edmonds decided to combine their talents and make one big drawing TOGETHER!
The enormous image, which the Walker Art Centre is going to split up into six parts, features character illustrations of artists including (deep breath) “Fischli and Weiss, Salvador Dali, Pablo Picasso, Joseph Beuys, Yves Klein, David Nash, Charles and Ray Eames, Constantin Brancusi, Katharina Fritsch, Christo, Robert Wyatt, Florentijn Hofman, and the Lely Venus.”
Appealing to people of any age, this collaborative drawing is as educational as it is beautiful and is a testament to just how talented the Nous Vous guys are on their own or working together as one. Let this be one of many very exciting briefs for them to tackle in the near future. Read a truly inspirational interview with them about this project over at Walker Art Centre.
- All of human life was there: welcome back to the Best of the Web
- Jody Barton's passionate and political work masters many disciplines
- A Hail Mary pass: how to win the ads at the Super Bowl
- February diary: Where to go and what to see
- Hey Studio’s athletic and geometric typeface for ESPN’s magazine
- Karl Hab’s hypnotic photographs taken out of a plane window
- Racy photography from the new issue of Odiseo
- How to beat creative block: one designer offers his invaluable advice
- Bureau Mirko Borsche works with Nike Basketball on a new graphic language
- Challenging sexism, workplace stress and mindfulness through illustration
- Meditation and creativity: should we believe the hype?
- Why Fonts Matter, and how they impact your mood