Speaking to people out in New York earlier this year, a common refrain was that the design scene there is more fragmented and less cohesive than here in London. Whether that’s fair or not, this cracking new resource Image of the Studio brings together 75 NYC studios, from big agencies to one-person operations, and looks at everything from their work to their principles, their music arrangements to what they have in their kitchens. The website is a rabbit-hole down which you can lose the best part of a day as there’s video interviews and great data visualisations. If you’re in New York it all ties in with an exhibition currently on but no worries if you’re not, there’s more than enough insight here to get your teeth into.
Image of the Studio at the Herb Lubalin Study of Center of Design runs until October 26.
- Things glorious things! The best of the postman's offerings we received this September
- Founder of It’s Nice That Will Hudson announces the launch of new venture Lecture in Progress on Kickstarter
- Dan Emmerson shoots #bikelife in the Welsh valleys
- Dive into Adam Higton's collages via his psychedelic new album and video
- Bill Baird's ephemeral online album is completely unique for every listener
- Ewen Spencer on new commission, Kick over the statues
- “Nymphomaniac” photographer Casper Sejersen's explosive images
- Trump protest pins by Sagmeister & Walsh, Hort, Olimpia Zagnoli and more
- Google and INT Works commission 19 illustrators to create over 500 works for Allo app launch
- Kalen Hollomon's collages mix sex with fortune cookies
- Logo Pizza is selling 50 ready-made logos that increase in price with each one sold
- Anja Wicki's sarcastically sweet comic illustrations