We’re delighted to announce more speakers for our one-day creative conference In Progress this December. It’s shaping up to be a total showstopper of a day, celebrating groundbreaking ideas and projects from 2012, and providing insight into the coming year from some of the most innovative and forward-thinking people in the creative industries.
The programme boasts a whole host of commentators, critics and industry specialists discussing key themes and stories from the past 12 months. Director of the 2012 Cultural Olympiad, Ruth MacKenzie will be exploring how this year’s celebrations may influence and shape the future of London’s cultural landscape, while design duo BarberOsgerby will be looking back on a memorable year for British design and their award-winning Olympic torch. Trend forecasters FranklinTill will be examining the unstoppable rise of “experience culture” consumerism, Dan Brooke Channel 4’s marketing and communications chief will share insights into this summer’s Meet the Superhumans campaign for the Paralympics, and creative partnership Hellicar & Lewis will be exploring innovations in broadcasting and interactive media.
In Progress will take place on 7 December at the Barbican Centre, London. In Progress is a day-long event – a light lunch and refreshments are included in the ticket price. The full programme will be announced soon.
- Moving Brands gives its opinions on the new Google logo design
- Typographic club posters that show how creativity flourishes within boundaries
- Eric Petersen's surreal illustrations take their cues from video games
- Paris-based Adrien Menard's portfolio experiments with letterforms and composition
- The creative process explained via egg metaphors, thanks to artist Honza Zamojski
- Vincent Girardot’s photo diary documents an alpine tour of fish, factories and firs
- No more serifs, same bright colours: Google launches new identity
- Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games logo scrapped over plagiarism row, according to reports
- Ely Dagher’s hypnotic and erotic animated vignettes for Model 86’s EP (NSFW)
- Playfully tongue-in-cheek illustrations from Germany-based Cécile Dormeau
- The Anonymous Sex Journal is back, and this issue is all about wanking
- The slides and sleep pods of LA's Silicon Beach startup scene captured by Lauren Greenfield