We’re delighted to announce more speakers for our one-day creative conference In Progress this December. It’s shaping up to be a total showstopper of a day, celebrating groundbreaking ideas and projects from 2012, and providing insight into the coming year from some of the most innovative and forward-thinking people in the creative industries.
The programme boasts a whole host of commentators, critics and industry specialists discussing key themes and stories from the past 12 months. Director of the 2012 Cultural Olympiad, Ruth MacKenzie will be exploring how this year’s celebrations may influence and shape the future of London’s cultural landscape, while design duo BarberOsgerby will be looking back on a memorable year for British design and their award-winning Olympic torch. Trend forecasters FranklinTill will be examining the unstoppable rise of “experience culture” consumerism, Dan Brooke Channel 4’s marketing and communications chief will share insights into this summer’s Meet the Superhumans campaign for the Paralympics, and creative partnership Hellicar & Lewis will be exploring innovations in broadcasting and interactive media.
In Progress will take place on 7 December at the Barbican Centre, London. In Progress is a day-long event – a light lunch and refreshments are included in the ticket price. The full programme will be announced soon.
- Best of the Web: Trump inauguration protest special
- We go behind the scenes of Bonobo’s trippy No Reason video with director Oscar Hudson
- Doppelglanders: 3D animator Julian Glander interviews his name twin
- The witchy dreamscapes of illustrator Maren Karlson
- Maciej Dakowicz's photographs capture unexpected, serendipitous moments
- The comic book influences of illustrator Stefanie Leinhos
- Wolff Olins and zigbee launch the “first open-source brand for the Internet of Things”
- Graphic Design Festival Paris reveals 19 sport-inspired posters by Hort, Julia, Spassky Fischer and more
- FKA twigs teams up with 17 year old photographer David Uzochukwu for new Nike campaign
- Too Fast To Think: why switching off unlocks creativity
- Brian Finke captures the glitz and glamour of the Ms. Senior America beauty pageant