We’re delighted to announce more speakers for our one-day creative conference In Progress this December. It’s shaping up to be a total showstopper of a day, celebrating groundbreaking ideas and projects from 2012, and providing insight into the coming year from some of the most innovative and forward-thinking people in the creative industries.
The programme boasts a whole host of commentators, critics and industry specialists discussing key themes and stories from the past 12 months. Director of the 2012 Cultural Olympiad, Ruth MacKenzie will be exploring how this year’s celebrations may influence and shape the future of London’s cultural landscape, while design duo BarberOsgerby will be looking back on a memorable year for British design and their award-winning Olympic torch. Trend forecasters FranklinTill will be examining the unstoppable rise of “experience culture” consumerism, Dan Brooke Channel 4’s marketing and communications chief will share insights into this summer’s Meet the Superhumans campaign for the Paralympics, and creative partnership Hellicar & Lewis will be exploring innovations in broadcasting and interactive media.
In Progress will take place on 7 December at the Barbican Centre, London. In Progress is a day-long event – a light lunch and refreshments are included in the ticket price. The full programme will be announced soon.
- Jason Shulman captures entire movies in a single image
- Rebecca Chew adds handcrafts to Esquire Singapore’s art direction
- A sublime update of work from photography duo Scheltens & Abbenes
- Brand Union discusses the merits and pitfalls of the design process behind the Tokyo 2020 Olympics logo
- Baker and Alex Simpson’s film on the legacy of modernist architect Wells Coates
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared - an exclusive interview with Duck, Red Guy and Yellow Guy
- Design Bridge creates new harp icon for Guinness
- Yoshinori Mizutani captures the colourful, rain soaked commuters of Tokyo
- LA studio Laundry creates amazing warped Simpsons idents for American channel FX
- Winning design for Tokyo 2020 Olympics unveiled
- Poem Baker photographs the Jûngølā drag clowns of London’s Deptford
- Milton Glaser creates new look for Brooklyn Brewery