We’re delighted to announce more speakers for our one-day creative conference In Progress this December. It’s shaping up to be a total showstopper of a day, celebrating groundbreaking ideas and projects from 2012, and providing insight into the coming year from some of the most innovative and forward-thinking people in the creative industries.
The programme boasts a whole host of commentators, critics and industry specialists discussing key themes and stories from the past 12 months. Director of the 2012 Cultural Olympiad, Ruth MacKenzie will be exploring how this year’s celebrations may influence and shape the future of London’s cultural landscape, while design duo BarberOsgerby will be looking back on a memorable year for British design and their award-winning Olympic torch. Trend forecasters FranklinTill will be examining the unstoppable rise of “experience culture” consumerism, Dan Brooke Channel 4’s marketing and communications chief will share insights into this summer’s Meet the Superhumans campaign for the Paralympics, and creative partnership Hellicar & Lewis will be exploring innovations in broadcasting and interactive media.
In Progress will take place on 7 December at the Barbican Centre, London. In Progress is a day-long event – a light lunch and refreshments are included in the ticket price. The full programme will be announced soon.
- Twin brothers V/A/B on their “difficultly simple” approach to design
- The people’s choice, it’s Best of the Web!
- Larry Hallegua captures sun worshippers on Pattaya Beach in Thailand
- Lukas Korshan photographs Dulwich Hamlet FC, where you can “drink beer, stand up, and let loose"
- “The field is stretching itself bigger and bigger” - Jurgen Bey on design education and infinite possibility
- Peter Judson messes with depth perception in new personal project, Infection
- Fashion photographer Miles Aldridge shoots the cast of Game of Thrones for Time Magazine
- The Netherlands’ royal crest changes gender for national women’s football team kit by Nike
- Peek inside erotic magazine Odiseo’s very NSFW tenth issue
- Rick and Morty’s Exquisite Corpse trailer features 22 animators including Simon Landrein and Bendik Kaltenborn
- Design director, Gail Bichler, on The New York Times Magazine typography exhibition
- Mark Shaw captures the glamour of haute couture runways from the 1950s