We’re delighted to announce more speakers for our one-day creative conference In Progress this December. It’s shaping up to be a total showstopper of a day, celebrating groundbreaking ideas and projects from 2012, and providing insight into the coming year from some of the most innovative and forward-thinking people in the creative industries.
The programme boasts a whole host of commentators, critics and industry specialists discussing key themes and stories from the past 12 months. Director of the 2012 Cultural Olympiad, Ruth MacKenzie will be exploring how this year’s celebrations may influence and shape the future of London’s cultural landscape, while design duo BarberOsgerby will be looking back on a memorable year for British design and their award-winning Olympic torch. Trend forecasters FranklinTill will be examining the unstoppable rise of “experience culture” consumerism, Dan Brooke Channel 4’s marketing and communications chief will share insights into this summer’s Meet the Superhumans campaign for the Paralympics, and creative partnership Hellicar & Lewis will be exploring innovations in broadcasting and interactive media.
In Progress will take place on 7 December at the Barbican Centre, London. In Progress is a day-long event – a light lunch and refreshments are included in the ticket price. The full programme will be announced soon.
- Poised for greatness: Gustl the dog as photographed by proud owner Lukas Wassmann
- Should account handlers and project managers be awarded like creatives?
- Graphic designer Kristoffer Halse Sølling navigates the power play between customer and superstore
- Our round-up of last night’s Super Bowl 50 ads
- Hato’s responsive identity design for Pick Me Up 2016
- What do you do if your design agency fails? One designer and ex-agency owner's support and advice
- Racy photography from the new issue of Odiseo
- How to beat creative block: one designer offers his invaluable advice
- Bureau Mirko Borsche works with Nike Basketball on a new graphic language
- Challenging sexism, workplace stress and mindfulness through illustration
- Meditation and creativity: should we believe the hype?
- Why Fonts Matter, and how they impact your mood