Designjunction unveiled this year’s London Design Festival show today and it’s an impressive, eclectic bunch gathered in the basement of Victoria House in central London. But however good a multi-designer show is, there is always a moment when product fatigue can set in and it takes something a bit different to snap you out of it. Luckily Innermost’s HiHo rocking horses were just the thing – well-made, whimsical and apparently a bona fide piece of furniture rather than an extravagant toy for adults. Rock on amigos!
The rest of the autumn/winter collection is interesting too with a nice mix of lights and furniture that reveal a playful, cosmopolitan and design-savvy sensibility.
- Victoria Vincent’s animation captures the tragic pitfalls of online dating
- Adam Birkan captures the diverse and juxtaposing landscape of Hanoi
- Submit Saturdays: So you’ve built your website, what’s next?
- Kalen Hollomon's collages mix sex with fortune cookies
- Best of the web: a whole host of internet goodies
- Mould Map's latest issue is brought to life as an exhibition
- “Nymphomaniac” photographer Casper Sejersen's explosive images
- Anja Wicki's sarcastically sweet comic illustrations
- Logo Pizza is selling 50 ready-made logos that increase in price with each one sold
- London Design Festival: where to go and what to see
- Caitlyn Murphy's paintings elevate the charm of everyday life
- Sean Lotman’s serenely psychedelic photographs of Japan