Designjunction unveiled this year’s London Design Festival show today and it’s an impressive, eclectic bunch gathered in the basement of Victoria House in central London. But however good a multi-designer show is, there is always a moment when product fatigue can set in and it takes something a bit different to snap you out of it. Luckily Innermost’s HiHo rocking horses were just the thing – well-made, whimsical and apparently a bona fide piece of furniture rather than an extravagant toy for adults. Rock on amigos!
The rest of the autumn/winter collection is interesting too with a nice mix of lights and furniture that reveal a playful, cosmopolitan and design-savvy sensibility.
- ManvsMachine on its hugely diverse campaign for Air Max Day
- A treasure trove of goodies, it’s Best of the Web!
- Donald Sanger illustrates a grotesque and humorous version of humanity
- Photographer Joshua Osborne takes a closer look at Havana’s male subcultures
- Friday Mixtape: Ghostpoet’s “drum worship mix” for all your percussive needs
- Yann Kebbi’s chaotic pencil drawings depict various forms of catastrophe
- BBC’s new typeface BBC Reith is designed to improve legibility on screen
- Life through the lens of enchanting photographer Vicki King
- The New York Times Magazine’s new cover is actually a painting
- Illustrator Ram Han’s Alice in Wonderland dreamscape
- Ikea uses ASMR technology in 25-minute, tingle inducing advert
- Designs of the Year 2017 shortlist includes Wolfgang Tillmans’ Remain campaign, the Refugee flag and Me & EU