Designjunction unveiled this year’s London Design Festival show today and it’s an impressive, eclectic bunch gathered in the basement of Victoria House in central London. But however good a multi-designer show is, there is always a moment when product fatigue can set in and it takes something a bit different to snap you out of it. Luckily Innermost’s HiHo rocking horses were just the thing – well-made, whimsical and apparently a bona fide piece of furniture rather than an extravagant toy for adults. Rock on amigos!
The rest of the autumn/winter collection is interesting too with a nice mix of lights and furniture that reveal a playful, cosmopolitan and design-savvy sensibility.
- Enter your work for the chance to be an It’s Nice That Graduate of 2016!
- Kyle Weeks’ photos portray the traditional and contemporary identity of the Himba people
- Ace & Tate commissions Hanna Putz to launch its Creative Fund
- Smart geometry-led identity for east London venue Brilliant Corners by Studio Remote
- Superb designs by Bureau Mirko Borsche for Tush magazine
- Artist Mona Hatoum electrifies the senses in her first retrospective at the Tate Modern
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared - an exclusive interview with Duck, Red Guy and Yellow Guy
- Yoshinori Mizutani captures the colourful, rain soaked commuters of Tokyo
- Poem Baker photographs the Jûngølā drag clowns of London’s Deptford
- Stack founder Steven Watson shares five of his top magazines
- Photography: New show at LCC shows young travelling communities of the 90s
- Hilarious and charming new Maynards Bassetts' Liquorice Allsorts ad by Jack Sachs