We looked a couple of weeks ago at Emma Rios’ sexy fruit shoot for the new Bompas & Parr book Tutti Frutti and as an appetiser it was something special. Now though the book itself has launched and it will come as no surprise that Inventory Studio have done a magnificent job on its design.
The book’s aim is to explore “the gustatory implications of fruit salad” and promises to “take in architectural pineapples, the spaces of banana control, how blue became the international colour for raspberries and a luxurious host of fruity recipes.” The chaps have signed up a host of great talents from both the creative and culinary spheres to bring the book to life including Martin Parr, Sam Jacob of FAT, Justin Piers Gellatly and Elena Arzak.
Inventory have worked hard to create something recognisably Bompas & Parr – matching their trademark great-looking design with some fun touches such as fruit flesh end papers and peelable fruit sticker titles. Mouthwatering stuff, on so many levels…
- Kyle Platts and Andy Baker's animation takes us on a kaleidoscopic trip through the park
- Casper Balslev shows ballerinas wielding AK-47s in his ad for the Royal Danish Theatre
- An unusual custom typeface and great layouts for new print mag Migrant
- Bold, minimal-leaning graphic design from hot new studio Vrints-Kolsteren
- Daniel Savage’s monochrome animation plays with geometry and space
- Waverly Labs launches an earpiece that translates languages in real time
- Anna Ginsburg explores sex and female orgasms in this hilarious animation (NSFW)
- Arne Svenson’s portraits of his New York neighbours taken through apartment windows
- Milton Glaser: we talk drawing, ethics, Shakespeare and Trump with the graphic design legend
- The Co-op returns to its old “clover leaf” logo from the 1960s
- Strange posters and superb typography from Venetian studio Tankboys
- Should designers specialise early, or have a “portfolio career”?