We looked a couple of weeks ago at Emma Rios’ sexy fruit shoot for the new Bompas & Parr book Tutti Frutti and as an appetiser it was something special. Now though the book itself has launched and it will come as no surprise that Inventory Studio have done a magnificent job on its design.
The book’s aim is to explore “the gustatory implications of fruit salad” and promises to “take in architectural pineapples, the spaces of banana control, how blue became the international colour for raspberries and a luxurious host of fruity recipes.” The chaps have signed up a host of great talents from both the creative and culinary spheres to bring the book to life including Martin Parr, Sam Jacob of FAT, Justin Piers Gellatly and Elena Arzak.
Inventory have worked hard to create something recognisably Bompas & Parr – matching their trademark great-looking design with some fun touches such as fruit flesh end papers and peelable fruit sticker titles. Mouthwatering stuff, on so many levels…
- Bodil Jane's illustrations: ornate, exotic and really very lovely
- Drifting SUVs in the Arabian desert: Peter Garritano explores the world of hajwalah
- Envisions collective, breaking down the boundaries of design
- Zsofia Schweger’s paintings depict her Hungarian home frozen in time
- Illustrator Nuno Maria’s fresh aesthetic and smooth shapes rework ordinary objects
- A cookbook inspired by Brad Pitt's on-screen eating habits
- Sagmeister & Walsh rebrands fashion label Milly to reflect its "edgy" new personality
- Dominic Wilcox designs art exhibition for dogs (plus exclusive artist sketches)
- Jaemin Lee’s gloriously retro exhibition identities and poster designs
- James Jean’s phantasmagorical world of technicolour fever dreams
- The Refugee Nation Olympic flag was inspired by a lifejacket
- Things: the inspiring post that got us through the long hot summer nights of August