We looked a couple of weeks ago at Emma Rios’ sexy fruit shoot for the new Bompas & Parr book Tutti Frutti and as an appetiser it was something special. Now though the book itself has launched and it will come as no surprise that Inventory Studio have done a magnificent job on its design.
The book’s aim is to explore “the gustatory implications of fruit salad” and promises to “take in architectural pineapples, the spaces of banana control, how blue became the international colour for raspberries and a luxurious host of fruity recipes.” The chaps have signed up a host of great talents from both the creative and culinary spheres to bring the book to life including Martin Parr, Sam Jacob of FAT, Justin Piers Gellatly and Elena Arzak.
Inventory have worked hard to create something recognisably Bompas & Parr – matching their trademark great-looking design with some fun touches such as fruit flesh end papers and peelable fruit sticker titles. Mouthwatering stuff, on so many levels…
- Ed Carvalho-Monaghan’s line work is translated into knitwear for It’s Nice That’s Unmade collection
- A fierce portrait of the battles, snaps and outrageous outfits of voguing culture from Ewen Spencer
- Artist Andrey Remnev’s hypnotic Russian Medieval-style paintings
- Illustrator Lili des Bellons' chipper images are full of geometric whimsy
- Matt and Dan’s stark graphic posters for Daniel Avery’s Divided Love
- A hotel’s Wes Anderson-esque dated decor and plant life photographed by Ina Niehoff
- Anthony Burrill tells us about his numerous Etsy WORK HARD rip-offs
- “I wouldn’t recommend trying to make it as an illustrator to anyone”: straight-talking McBess
- Jonathan Barnbrook talks us through designing David Bowie's new album artwork
- Japanese illustrator Nimura Daisuke is back with his charmingly naughty gifs
- Back to basics with Davide Di Gennaro’s symbol-heavy design workshop identity
- New Adult Swim project from the bonkers people behind some sexy Craigslist animations