We looked a couple of weeks ago at Emma Rios’ sexy fruit shoot for the new Bompas & Parr book Tutti Frutti and as an appetiser it was something special. Now though the book itself has launched and it will come as no surprise that Inventory Studio have done a magnificent job on its design.
The book’s aim is to explore “the gustatory implications of fruit salad” and promises to “take in architectural pineapples, the spaces of banana control, how blue became the international colour for raspberries and a luxurious host of fruity recipes.” The chaps have signed up a host of great talents from both the creative and culinary spheres to bring the book to life including Martin Parr, Sam Jacob of FAT, Justin Piers Gellatly and Elena Arzak.
Inventory have worked hard to create something recognisably Bompas & Parr – matching their trademark great-looking design with some fun touches such as fruit flesh end papers and peelable fruit sticker titles. Mouthwatering stuff, on so many levels…
- You lucky devils, it's Best of the Web!
- Bogdan Ceausescu and Sebastian Pren experiment with grids and shapes in their latest zine
- Friday Mixtape: Illustrator and guitarist Sophy Hollington's *feels* mixtape
- Photographer Anastasia Korosteleva's waterborne portraits of Maldivian girls
- We caught up with photographer Adama Jalloh
- Seoul studio Everyday Practice talks about its collaborative approach to design
- Animator and director James Curran’s amusing 30-day Gifathon project in Tokyo
- Photographer Sophie Mayanne’s new personal project celebrates imperfection (NSFW)
- Animator Saiman Chow’s trippy idents for Adult Swim’s Rick and Morty
- The daily grind: Louis Quail’s photographs of fascinatingly mundane offices
- "Before I was a graphic designer I had nearly no idea what one was": meet Austin Redman
- Matthew Raw: the east London artist making clay great again