We looked a couple of weeks ago at Emma Rios’ sexy fruit shoot for the new Bompas & Parr book Tutti Frutti and as an appetiser it was something special. Now though the book itself has launched and it will come as no surprise that Inventory Studio have done a magnificent job on its design.
The book’s aim is to explore “the gustatory implications of fruit salad” and promises to “take in architectural pineapples, the spaces of banana control, how blue became the international colour for raspberries and a luxurious host of fruity recipes.” The chaps have signed up a host of great talents from both the creative and culinary spheres to bring the book to life including Martin Parr, Sam Jacob of FAT, Justin Piers Gellatly and Elena Arzak.
Inventory have worked hard to create something recognisably Bompas & Parr – matching their trademark great-looking design with some fun touches such as fruit flesh end papers and peelable fruit sticker titles. Mouthwatering stuff, on so many levels…
- Yukai Du transports us to galaxies far, far away in TED-Ed animation
- Illustration galore: it's February's Things!
- The past, present and future of gaming on The It’s Nice That Podcast
- Photographer Enda Bowe searches for light and beauty in At Mirrored River
- Dive into the trippy 3D world of Vector Meldrew in his latest video for Addison Groove
- Finnish illustrator Daniel Stolle’s atmospheric editorial illustrations
- Chinese photographer Ren Hang has died aged 29
- UN Women Egypt releases intricately illustrated print ads to highlight gender divide at work
- Designer Lennart Van den Bossche’s typographic work combines "logic and beauty"
- Photographers Kelia Anne MacCluskey and Luca Venter explore the limits of reality
- Hanne Berkaak’s deeply moving and sensitive animation tackling self-harm
- Apple to open its Norman Foster-designed campus in April