And so here’s The Annual, and what have you done, another year (nearly) over and a new one (nearly) begun! Now I don’t claim to speak for John Lennon (apparently his “estate” say I don’t have the “authority” to do that any more) but I think we ALL know what he’d make of our new publication. And of course I’m not DEFINITELY saying it’d achieve world peace but if you dropped a carton-load of these on a warzone there’d at least be some downtime while both sides flicked through this behemoth of a book, packed full of some of the most exciting and engaging work we’ve come across this year.
As soon as it arrived back from the printers we were cooing over it like proud new parents and now we’re ready to show it off to the world. So marvel at its cool Parra-designed cover, fuss over all the beautiful work on show and nod approvingly at its bulky size. In terms of condensing down 12 months into something that could grace any coffee table in the land we think we’ve done pretty well, and can’t wait for it to start landing on doorsteps in the next few days.
If you want to get in on the action there’s still a few copies left for you to order over on our shop for just £35 plus postage and packaging. But enough natter, we’re delighted to introduce to you to The It’s Nice That Annual 2012.
You can order The Annual here.
- Best of the Web: Trump inauguration protest special
- We go behind the scenes of Bonobo’s trippy No Reason video with director Oscar Hudson
- Doppelglanders: 3D animator Julian Glander interviews his name twin
- The witchy dreamscapes of illustrator Maren Karlson
- Maciej Dakowicz's photographs capture unexpected, serendipitous moments
- The comic book influences of illustrator Stefanie Leinhos
- Wolff Olins and zigbee launch the “first open-source brand for the Internet of Things”
- Graphic Design Festival Paris reveals 19 sport-inspired posters by Hort, Julia, Spassky Fischer and more
- FKA twigs teams up with 17 year old photographer David Uzochukwu for new Nike campaign
- Too Fast To Think: why switching off unlocks creativity
- Brian Finke captures the glitz and glamour of the Ms. Senior America beauty pageant