And so here’s The Annual, and what have you done, another year (nearly) over and a new one (nearly) begun! Now I don’t claim to speak for John Lennon (apparently his “estate” say I don’t have the “authority” to do that any more) but I think we ALL know what he’d make of our new publication. And of course I’m not DEFINITELY saying it’d achieve world peace but if you dropped a carton-load of these on a warzone there’d at least be some downtime while both sides flicked through this behemoth of a book, packed full of some of the most exciting and engaging work we’ve come across this year.
As soon as it arrived back from the printers we were cooing over it like proud new parents and now we’re ready to show it off to the world. So marvel at its cool Parra-designed cover, fuss over all the beautiful work on show and nod approvingly at its bulky size. In terms of condensing down 12 months into something that could grace any coffee table in the land we think we’ve done pretty well, and can’t wait for it to start landing on doorsteps in the next few days.
If you want to get in on the action there’s still a few copies left for you to order over on our shop for just £35 plus postage and packaging. But enough natter, we’re delighted to introduce to you to The It’s Nice That Annual 2012.
You can order The Annual here.
- All of human life was there: welcome back to the Best of the Web
- Jody Barton's passionate and political work masters many disciplines
- A Hail Mary pass: how to win the ads at the Super Bowl
- February diary: Where to go and what to see
- Hey Studio’s athletic and geometric typeface for ESPN’s magazine
- Karl Hab’s hypnotic photographs taken out of a plane window
- Racy photography from the new issue of Odiseo
- How to beat creative block: one designer offers his invaluable advice
- Bureau Mirko Borsche works with Nike Basketball on a new graphic language
- Challenging sexism, workplace stress and mindfulness through illustration
- Meditation and creativity: should we believe the hype?
- Why Fonts Matter, and how they impact your mood