This week myself and Alex head out to São Paulo to run a six day workshop with Mesa & Cadeira. Based around publishing and curation we follow in the footsteps of Andy Cameron and Anthony Burrill who have both been out to Brazil to run workshops with Fran and Barbara (founders of Mesa & Cadeira). We’ll also be in Rio for two days (9/10 May).
We’ll have time while we’re there to see as much as possible and we’re keen to meet as many people as possible. For hints and tips or if you fancy meeting for a coffee or a beer drop us an email — firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Living for the weekend, it's Best of the Web!
- The photographer archiving South Africa’s black lesbian community
- Kirsten Lepore’s creepy clay character is oddly soothing in this brilliant animation
- Friday Mixtape: Grammy award-winning Tinariwen curates a genre-crossing mix
- Designer Kara Zichittella talks about her typographically-led projects
- “Where’s my community?”: Skin Deep and POC on the need for diversity in the film industry
- A new national identity: Smörgåsbord Studio rebrands Wales
- Graphic design gems: Chicago gang business cards from the 1970s and 80s
- Photographer Dougie Wallace captures the super rich spenders of “Harrodsburg”
- “Romance in a sort-of fantasy world”: photographer Molly Matalon's new work (some NSFW)
- Studio Michael Satter’s sophisticatedly simple graphic design portfolio
- Harry Pearce and Pentagram create a new identity for Pink Floyd’s record label