This week myself and Alex head out to São Paulo to run a six day workshop with Mesa & Cadeira. Based around publishing and curation we follow in the footsteps of Andy Cameron and Anthony Burrill who have both been out to Brazil to run workshops with Fran and Barbara (founders of Mesa & Cadeira). We’ll also be in Rio for two days (9/10 May).
We’ll have time while we’re there to see as much as possible and we’re keen to meet as many people as possible. For hints and tips or if you fancy meeting for a coffee or a beer drop us an email — firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A sneak peak into Patrick Kyle’s new comic, Night Door
- Liam Cobb illustrates the collapse of the Heygate Estate in latest comic Conditioner
- “Imagination doesn’t compare to our real life design history”: Annie Atkins on the art of graphic design for film
- X-Rated Adult Movie Posters of the 60s and 70s celebrates gloriously crude B-movie artwork
- Studio Frith on designing Alexa Chung's "formal but playful" fashion label
- Nathaniel Russell adapts his woodcut technique to create positive propaganda posters
- The New York Times Magazine’s new cover is actually a painting
- BBC’s new typeface BBC Reith is designed to improve legibility on screen
- “It needs to be normalised that women masturbate”: meet illustrator Jordyn McGeachin
- Life through the lens of enchanting photographer Vicki King
- Six months in the (enviable) life of photographer Ryan Lowry
- We get to know hilarious and thoughtful illustrator, Ruby Etc