This week myself and Alex head out to São Paulo to run a six day workshop with Mesa & Cadeira. Based around publishing and curation we follow in the footsteps of Andy Cameron and Anthony Burrill who have both been out to Brazil to run workshops with Fran and Barbara (founders of Mesa & Cadeira). We’ll also be in Rio for two days (9/10 May).
We’ll have time while we’re there to see as much as possible and we’re keen to meet as many people as possible. For hints and tips or if you fancy meeting for a coffee or a beer drop us an email — firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Friday Mixtape: top picks from ten years of Field Day
- A retrospective look at Latif Al Ani’s photographs of Iraq’s “golden age”
- Olimpia Zagnoli illustrates How to Eat Spaghetti Like a Lady
- Cost-effective, beautiful shit: an interview with the Dead Beat Club
- Fear of a flat planet: Heatherwick Studio’s adventures with clay
- Graphic designer Braulio Amado picks out his favourite posters of 2016 from his new book
- The return of the hovering art director: we asked comic artist Nadine Redlich to peer inside agency life
- YouTube releases its first own-brand font, YouTube Sans, inspired by the play button
- Photographer Raymond Rojas captures the “magic” in Disneyland Paris
- How to go freelance: need-to-know advice from creatives who made it
- Paul Rand’s IBM Graphic Standards Manual to be reissued
- Stefan Sagmeister speaks to It's Nice That about The Beauty Project