Jack Hudson was one of our Graduates class of 2010 and in the intervening years it’s been a real pleasure watching the Brummie-born illustrator go from strength to strength. Now is the perfect time to check back in with him for three reasons: – 1) He has just relaunched his website. 2) He has just made his first foray into the world of 3D, translating his style and colour palette into a photo shoot with set designers Lord Whitney. 3) He is working towards a show next month reimagining some of the strangest record covers ever.
Titled appropriately enough A Step Into The Third Dimension, his 3D work is really striking, and as ever it’s exciting to see a creative take his practice in a new direction. But the quality of his illustration remains sky-high,as evidenced in his fabulously retro work for the Body Shop’s Absinthe range among others.
All eyes will now be on Mock ‘N’ Roll which opens at the Leeds Gallery on April 27 and promises an 80s-tastic twist on some famous album art work.
- Submit Saturdays: So you’ve built your website, what’s next?
- Kalen Hollomon's collages mix sex with fortune cookies
- Best of the web: a whole host of internet goodies
- Mould Map's latest issue is brought to life as an exhibition
- Photographer Toru Akai uncovers the Invisible Machinery that defines modern life
- Kuti Kuti, the comic association looking to educate and inspire
- “Nymphomaniac” photographer Casper Sejersen's explosive images
- Anja Wicki's sarcastically sweet comic illustrations
- Logo Pizza is selling 50 ready-made logos that increase in price with each one sold
- London Design Festival: where to go and what to see
- Caitlyn Murphy's paintings elevate the charm of everyday life
- Sean Lotman’s serenely psychedelic photographs of Japan