There are a number of things we can surmise about Jack Hughes from his portfolio without ever actually having met him. Number one, he’s a stylish fellow of unparalleled sartorial taste. Number two, his personal hygiene is of the utmost importance. Number three, he’s read at least a handful (probably a shelf-full) of spy novels, most likely John le Carré. Number four, he’s watched every episode of Mad Men at least twice – but only so he can scope out the groovy furniture and period sets. And finally he enjoys fine scotch and hand-rolled cigars in the same way that the rest of us enjoy water and air.
Given that Jack only graduated from Kingston University last year we’re sure almost none of this is actually true – he’s probably still eating beans from a tin and washing his pants in the sink – but his polished 60s-inspired illustration is so suave and elegant we can’t really imagine it being produced by anyone other than the character described above. But with a growing list of professional clients knocking on his door we’re sure he’ll transform from grubby student to the stylish gent we’d like him to be in no time at all. Good luck to you sir!
- Submit Saturdays: So you’ve built your website, what’s next?
- Kalen Hollomon's collages mix sex with fortune cookies
- Best of the web: a whole host of internet goodies
- Mould Map's latest issue is brought to life as an exhibition
- Photographer Toru Akai uncovers the Invisible Machinery that defines modern life
- Kuti Kuti, the comic association looking to educate and inspire
- “Nymphomaniac” photographer Casper Sejersen's explosive images
- Anja Wicki's sarcastically sweet comic illustrations
- Logo Pizza is selling 50 ready-made logos that increase in price with each one sold
- London Design Festival: where to go and what to see
- Caitlyn Murphy's paintings elevate the charm of everyday life
- Sean Lotman’s serenely psychedelic photographs of Japan