Jasper Clarke is one of those photographers who’s most at home when he’s outside. Sure, you can stick him in a studio with a camera and he can come up with the goods, but drop him on a Devon surfing beach in the winter or at a woodland BMX track and he’ll give you a series of shots that capture the energy of these mad pursuits with real flair.
That said, we’ve decided to focus on his portraits for this post; excellent shots of some of fashion and music’s great movers and shakers – from WAH Nails’ Sharmadean Reid to French electro-crooner Sebastien Tellier. Have a look at the BMX stuff on his site when you’ve got a minute though. Those boys can get some impressive air, and Jasper’s a dab hand at capturing it.
- The frustration of crazy golf embodied by student animation collective Megacomputeur
- Enormous 20ft Barbies and bluebottles in real-life locations, by photographer Michael John Hunter
- French animator Jon Boutin's quick-witted shorts will have you creasing
- The MIT Technology Review design team share their love of printed matter
- Gemma Mahoney, a graphic design student producing professional work
- By designers, for designers: Monotype’s font subscription service
- BBC’s new typeface BBC Reith is designed to improve legibility on screen
- Life through the lens of enchanting photographer Vicki King
- The New York Times Magazine’s new cover is actually a painting
- Illustrator Ram Han’s Alice in Wonderland dreamscape
- Ikea uses ASMR technology in 25-minute, tingle inducing advert
- Designs of the Year 2017 shortlist includes Wolfgang Tillmans’ Remain campaign, the Refugee flag and Me & EU