Jasper Clarke is one of those photographers who’s most at home when he’s outside. Sure, you can stick him in a studio with a camera and he can come up with the goods, but drop him on a Devon surfing beach in the winter or at a woodland BMX track and he’ll give you a series of shots that capture the energy of these mad pursuits with real flair.
That said, we’ve decided to focus on his portraits for this post; excellent shots of some of fashion and music’s great movers and shakers – from WAH Nails’ Sharmadean Reid to French electro-crooner Sebastien Tellier. Have a look at the BMX stuff on his site when you’ve got a minute though. Those boys can get some impressive air, and Jasper’s a dab hand at capturing it.
- Wrap up warm with this week's Best of the Web
- This is Jane: a charming photo series that displays the empowerment of women
- Brooklyn-based illustrator Aaron Fernandez’s fluorescent editorial commissions
- London-based designer Laura Jouan’s well-considered, monochrome portfolio
- Join Jonathan Barnbrook, Maisie Willoughby, Wallace Henning, Anna Lomax and Jess Bonham at Nicer Tuesdays December
- Legs 11: artist Alfie Kungu’s comically long-trousered figures
- Wes Anderson directs H&M Christmas advert starring Adrien Brody
- The New Look: Looking back at Roundel’s 1980s identity design for British Rail’s Railfreight
- Discussing cinema with Laura Marling on her directorial debut, Soothing
- London’s first crisp restaurant, Hipchips, launches with branding by Ragged Edge
- Richard Sandler’s street photography conveys the intricacies of city life
- A "stress opus" from cartoonist Nadine Redlich