Jasper Clarke is one of those photographers who’s most at home when he’s outside. Sure, you can stick him in a studio with a camera and he can come up with the goods, but drop him on a Devon surfing beach in the winter or at a woodland BMX track and he’ll give you a series of shots that capture the energy of these mad pursuits with real flair.
That said, we’ve decided to focus on his portraits for this post; excellent shots of some of fashion and music’s great movers and shakers – from WAH Nails’ Sharmadean Reid to French electro-crooner Sebastien Tellier. Have a look at the BMX stuff on his site when you’ve got a minute though. Those boys can get some impressive air, and Jasper’s a dab hand at capturing it.
- Curator Shonagh Marshall takes us through the highlights from Hair by Sam McKnight
- Yeji Yun’s imaginative zine combines frozen lands, whales and cocktails
- Zhang Kechun encapsulates the oblivion of China's mysterious Yellow River
- Artist Anna Valdez brings her eye for detail to digital painting
- Bold in its broadness, the work of Dave Singley
- Córdova Canillas seek inspiration between nostalgia and obsolescence for C de C annual
- Reasons Not To Do Graphic Design by Yotam Hadar
- Nostalgia in branding: top design studios analyse the NatWest and Co-op retrobrands
- Google and Monotype launch Noto, an open-source typeface family for all the world’s languages
- The only way is ethics: what are the moral obligations of a graphic designer?
- Rachel Levit illustrates contemporary relationships in new book
- Creative agency INT Works relaunches as Anyways, with a playful graphic identity