Jasper Clarke is one of those photographers who’s most at home when he’s outside. Sure, you can stick him in a studio with a camera and he can come up with the goods, but drop him on a Devon surfing beach in the winter or at a woodland BMX track and he’ll give you a series of shots that capture the energy of these mad pursuits with real flair.
That said, we’ve decided to focus on his portraits for this post; excellent shots of some of fashion and music’s great movers and shakers – from WAH Nails’ Sharmadean Reid to French electro-crooner Sebastien Tellier. Have a look at the BMX stuff on his site when you’ve got a minute though. Those boys can get some impressive air, and Jasper’s a dab hand at capturing it.
- Living for the weekend, it's Best of the Web!
- The photographer archiving South Africa’s black lesbian community
- Kirsten Lepore’s creepy clay character is oddly soothing in this brilliant animation
- Friday Mixtape: Grammy award-winning Tinariwen curates a genre-crossing mix
- Designer Kara Zichittella talks about her typographically-led projects
- “Where’s my community?”: Skin Deep and POC on the need for diversity in the film industry
- A new national identity: Smörgåsbord Studio rebrands Wales
- Graphic design gems: Chicago gang business cards from the 1970s and 80s
- Photographer Dougie Wallace captures the super rich spenders of “Harrodsburg”
- “Romance in a sort-of fantasy world”: photographer Molly Matalon's new work (some NSFW)
- Studio Michael Satter’s sophisticatedly simple graphic design portfolio
- Harry Pearce and Pentagram create a new identity for Pink Floyd’s record label