Jasper Clarke is one of those photographers who’s most at home when he’s outside. Sure, you can stick him in a studio with a camera and he can come up with the goods, but drop him on a Devon surfing beach in the winter or at a woodland BMX track and he’ll give you a series of shots that capture the energy of these mad pursuits with real flair.
That said, we’ve decided to focus on his portraits for this post; excellent shots of some of fashion and music’s great movers and shakers – from WAH Nails’ Sharmadean Reid to French electro-crooner Sebastien Tellier. Have a look at the BMX stuff on his site when you’ve got a minute though. Those boys can get some impressive air, and Jasper’s a dab hand at capturing it.
- Submit Saturdays: eggs, gifs and monochromatic illustration from Illustrator Jocelyn Tsaih
- Boot Boyz Biz: promoting community, not commodity
- Waving goodbye to July with our weekly Best of the Web
- The classical and the crude combine to represent the multiple facets of The Arab City
- Parquet Courts’ Andrew Savage on the interchanging influence of art and music
- Thee Drinkers: New exhibition conveys the joys and despair of having a few too many
- Benedict Redgrove’s beautifully hypnotic film about how a tennis ball is created
- Tommy Cash subverts the tropes of rap videos with a fleshy celebration of the human body (NSFW)
- Ian Davis’ picturesque paintings of bureaucratic dystopia
- Is it ever OK to work for free?
- Pentagram unveils refresh of Mastercard’s brand mark and identity
- Peter Saville and Tate Design Studio create beer can artwork for Switch House pale ale