The crisp lines of a shape, lashings of bold colour – sounds exactly like geometric porn. And if this is right up your street (just me?), give thanks to Jelle Martens, an artist slash graphic designer slash photographer. Jelle’s portfolio is impressive – black and white photography and engaging graphic design, both based around simplicity.
Combine these talents and in return Jelle gives us a collection of simply wonderful graphic prints. The careful selection of colour makes them very pleasing to the eye, and some even give the effect of being three dimensional. Phwoar!
- Submit Saturdays: First impressions and Cover Pages
- A futuristic framework for the retrospective of pioneering “total design” advocate Ove Arup
- Cool off with this week's Best of the Web and who to follow on social media
- Elena Éper's spirited illustrations to make you smile and squirm
- Pencil Bandit and Grey London produce quirky branded stings for E4
- Tommy Cash subverts the tropes of rap videos with a fleshy celebration of the human body (NSFW)
- Pentagram unveils refresh of Mastercard’s brand mark and identity
- Chris (Simpsons Artist)'s surreal but accurate illustrations of creative jobs
- Benedict Redgrove’s beautifully hypnotic film about how a tennis ball is created
- Ian Davis’ picturesque paintings of bureaucratic dystopia
- Photographer Adrienne Salinger’s series of teenage bedrooms from the 90s
- Is it ever OK to work for free?