The crisp lines of a shape, lashings of bold colour – sounds exactly like geometric porn. And if this is right up your street (just me?), give thanks to Jelle Martens, an artist slash graphic designer slash photographer. Jelle’s portfolio is impressive – black and white photography and engaging graphic design, both based around simplicity.
Combine these talents and in return Jelle gives us a collection of simply wonderful graphic prints. The careful selection of colour makes them very pleasing to the eye, and some even give the effect of being three dimensional. Phwoar!
- Moving Brands gives its opinions on the new Google logo design
- Typographic club posters that show how creativity flourishes within boundaries
- Eric Petersen's surreal illustrations take their cues from video games
- Paris-based Adrien Menard's portfolio experiments with letterforms and composition
- The creative process explained via egg metaphors, thanks to artist Honza Zamojski
- Vincent Girardot’s photo diary documents an alpine tour of fish, factories and firs
- No more serifs, same bright colours: Google launches new identity
- Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games logo scrapped over plagiarism row, according to reports
- Ely Dagher’s hypnotic and erotic animated vignettes for Model 86’s EP (NSFW)
- Playfully tongue-in-cheek illustrations from Germany-based Cécile Dormeau
- The Anonymous Sex Journal is back, and this issue is all about wanking
- The slides and sleep pods of LA's Silicon Beach startup scene captured by Lauren Greenfield