The crisp lines of a shape, lashings of bold colour – sounds exactly like geometric porn. And if this is right up your street (just me?), give thanks to Jelle Martens, an artist slash graphic designer slash photographer. Jelle’s portfolio is impressive – black and white photography and engaging graphic design, both based around simplicity.
Combine these talents and in return Jelle gives us a collection of simply wonderful graphic prints. The careful selection of colour makes them very pleasing to the eye, and some even give the effect of being three dimensional. Phwoar!
- The Ulm Model: a school and its pursuit of a critical design practice
- New One in New York: Simón Sepúlveda's six month design diary
- Eloïse Rossetti’s narrative and research-driven graphic design
- Illustrator Cécile Dormeau captures the humorous nuances of adult life
- Photographer Joshua Gordon's “loose diary” of work (NSFW)
- Four projects from Kickstarter's Make100 initiative which caught our eye
- Wolff Olins and zigbee launch the “first open-source brand for the Internet of Things”
- Graphic Design Festival Paris reveals 19 sport-inspired posters by Hort, Julia, Spassky Fischer and more
- FKA twigs teams up with 17 year old photographer David Uzochukwu for new Nike campaign
- Too Fast To Think: why switching off unlocks creativity
- Brian Finke captures the glitz and glamour of the Ms. Senior America beauty pageant