The crisp lines of a shape, lashings of bold colour – sounds exactly like geometric porn. And if this is right up your street (just me?), give thanks to Jelle Martens, an artist slash graphic designer slash photographer. Jelle’s portfolio is impressive – black and white photography and engaging graphic design, both based around simplicity.
Combine these talents and in return Jelle gives us a collection of simply wonderful graphic prints. The careful selection of colour makes them very pleasing to the eye, and some even give the effect of being three dimensional. Phwoar!
- Photographer Trent Davis Bailey documents rural American community The North Fork
- Like a warm embrace, it's Best of the Web!
- Swedish illustrator Malin Rosenqvist creates textural works about psychology and powerful women
- Animator Jimmy Simpson creates technology-inspired ident for MTV
- Leander Assmann's illustrations are full of paired-back shapes and patterns
- Illustrator Andrey Kasay invites us into his surreal yet amusing world
- Grope Sans: a very rude typeface by Bompas & Parr
- Japanese graphic designer Ryu Mieno creates type-heavy works fizzing with energy
- The reductive and exacting work of graphic designer Laura Prim
- Why creative education for advertising is stuck in the dark ages
- Leipzig-based graphic designer Anja Kaiser takes us through her portfolio
- Nicolas Jaar releases Network, a book inspired by radio