Photographer Jim Mangan is clearly not someone to do things by halves, in fact quite the opposite. Producing a series of beautiful photographs way back in 2010 surrounding the wonderfully dreamy theme of rebirth, he has only gone on to create a trilogy! And with the third and final addition to the series_Bedu_ sweeping us away with its beauty and serenity, we are seriously impressed.
Photographing models running completely and utterly naked (this is a consistent theme throughout the series) through the sands of the Sarhara Desert, his dreamy photographs capture the very essence of inhibition, nature and freedom and with a few sand explosions thrown in for good measure how can you not love them?
Being Jim’s debuting project as a photographer (before he worked in the snowboarding industry before boldly quitting to pursue his life long ambition to be a photographer) Bedu demonstrates a clear step away from the colour dominated images of both Winter’s Children and Color’d and thus his progression and potential as a photographer.
Just be careful though, spend too long looking at these photographs and I bet you anything you’ll want to be running through that sand, birthday suit and all…
- ManvsMachine on its hugely diverse campaign for Air Max Day
- A treasure trove of goodies, it’s Best of the Web!
- Donald Sanger illustrates a grotesque and humorous version of humanity
- Photographer Joshua Osborne takes a closer look at Havana’s male subcultures
- Friday Mixtape: Ghostpoet’s “drum worship mix” for all your percussive needs
- Yann Kebbi’s chaotic pencil drawings depict various forms of catastrophe
- BBC’s new typeface BBC Reith is designed to improve legibility on screen
- Life through the lens of enchanting photographer Vicki King
- The New York Times Magazine’s new cover is actually a painting
- Illustrator Ram Han’s Alice in Wonderland dreamscape
- Ikea uses ASMR technology in 25-minute, tingle inducing advert
- Designs of the Year 2017 shortlist includes Wolfgang Tillmans’ Remain campaign, the Refugee flag and Me & EU