Photographer Jim Mangan is clearly not someone to do things by halves, in fact quite the opposite. Producing a series of beautiful photographs way back in 2010 surrounding the wonderfully dreamy theme of rebirth, he has only gone on to create a trilogy! And with the third and final addition to the series_Bedu_ sweeping us away with its beauty and serenity, we are seriously impressed.
Photographing models running completely and utterly naked (this is a consistent theme throughout the series) through the sands of the Sarhara Desert, his dreamy photographs capture the very essence of inhibition, nature and freedom and with a few sand explosions thrown in for good measure how can you not love them?
Being Jim’s debuting project as a photographer (before he worked in the snowboarding industry before boldly quitting to pursue his life long ambition to be a photographer) Bedu demonstrates a clear step away from the colour dominated images of both Winter’s Children and Color’d and thus his progression and potential as a photographer.
Just be careful though, spend too long looking at these photographs and I bet you anything you’ll want to be running through that sand, birthday suit and all…
- Brian Griffin's haunting new photography book documents paths that led to the Holocaust
- Japanese designer Tadashi Ueda is back with some ambiguously playful posters
- Great design redressing scuzzy skate aesthetics for new totally rad boardsports mag
- Eric Shaw's abstract looped paintings start as digital sketches
- The Midlands folk who celebrate all-things American, shot beautifully by Tom Martin
- Matthew Brooks documents the eerie homes of mid-century Italian-Canadian immigrants
- A mind full of filthy ideas and creative brilliance: we visit Malika Favre
- The bizarre, twilight world of Berlin-based photographer Maxime Ballesteros
- Wieden + Kennedy Amsterdam and Colophon create typeface that works with the Earth's tilt
- The Anonymous Sex Journal is back, and this issue is all about wanking
- 12-year-old accidentally punches a hole $1.5 million painting
- Ely Dagher’s hypnotic and erotic animated vignettes for Model 86’s EP (NSFW)