Photographer Jim Mangan is clearly not someone to do things by halves, in fact quite the opposite. Producing a series of beautiful photographs way back in 2010 surrounding the wonderfully dreamy theme of rebirth, he has only gone on to create a trilogy! And with the third and final addition to the series_Bedu_ sweeping us away with its beauty and serenity, we are seriously impressed.
Photographing models running completely and utterly naked (this is a consistent theme throughout the series) through the sands of the Sarhara Desert, his dreamy photographs capture the very essence of inhibition, nature and freedom and with a few sand explosions thrown in for good measure how can you not love them?
Being Jim’s debuting project as a photographer (before he worked in the snowboarding industry before boldly quitting to pursue his life long ambition to be a photographer) Bedu demonstrates a clear step away from the colour dominated images of both Winter’s Children and Color’d and thus his progression and potential as a photographer.
Just be careful though, spend too long looking at these photographs and I bet you anything you’ll want to be running through that sand, birthday suit and all…
- How I Got Here: Marco Velardi and Omar Sosa, Apartamento magazine
- It’s Nice That x Channel 4 Random Acts: “It’ll be like a guided acid trip”
- Felicity Hammond's art sends up the visual language of luxury property developers
- Gillian Wearing uses the public's work to examine privacy and individual vs collective experience
- Anna Beil defies convention with "trashy" illustrations and animations
- Polish illustrator Gosia Herba interprets myths and legends in pastel tones
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared - an exclusive interview with Duck, Red Guy and Yellow Guy
- Yoshinori Mizutani captures the colourful, rain soaked commuters of Tokyo
- Poem Baker photographs the Jûngølā drag clowns of London’s Deptford
- Stack founder Steven Watson shares five of his top magazines
- Photography: New show at LCC shows young travelling communities of the 90s
- Hilarious and charming new Maynards Bassetts' Liquorice Allsorts ad by Jack Sachs