What strikes you when you first feast your eyes on photographer Jody Rogac’s portfolio of tremendous portraits is what a cool, exceptionally good-looking bunch it is that she photographs. Seriously, if looks could kill – with their sweeping locks and chiselled cheekbones- this bunch would be a truly terrifying lot.
However take a second look and it isn’t long before you realise that although Jody’s subjects are clearly well endowed in the good looks department, truthfully it is Jody’s undeniable talent as a photographer that makes these portraits (and the subjects themselves) look truly phenomenal. Photographing each of her models with a restrained starkness and capturing a beautiful sense of personality and character while still managing to maintain a sense of intrigue, Jody’s photographs are just stunning.
- May Diary: where to go and what to see this month
- Crisp and vibrant design work from ECAL graduate Clement Rouzaud
- Portuguese illustrator Tiago Galo’s plump little characters are oddly charming
- Matthew Butcher launches the Flood House that will travel around the Thames Estuary
- Haunting train-simulator-based animation by Jack Featherstone for Occult Orientated Crime
- The best things on the web, YOUR best comments and the finest folk to follow on social media
- Philip Coppola spends nearly 40 years illustrating New York City’s Subway Stations
- LA studio Laundry creates amazing warped Simpsons idents for American channel FX
- Design Bridge creates new harp icon for Guinness
- Winning design for Tokyo 2020 Olympics unveiled
- Prince: 1958-2016
- Milton Glaser creates new look for Brooklyn Brewery