For someone whose go-to backdrop is a pastel-coloured sheet or a field of newly blossomed wild flowers, you’d be surprised at the weight at which Jody Rogac’s photographs can pack a punch. Her countless snaps of intelligent, powerful men and women are infused with a discreet elegance which is the end product of her wild combination of styling, choice of subject and ever-perfect composition.
Take her shots of Petra Collins for example, great photos of the young star are not exactly hard to find online – but name the last time someone took her photo and showed her off to be what she really is – a strong-willed natural beauty who is gradually changing the face of females forever.
It doesn’t seem like Jody needs the work right now, but if you are commissioning some photographs for a publication or something, don’t be silly and get someone else to do it – just shut up and pick Jody. You won’t regret it.
- Best of the Web: Trump inauguration protest special
- We go behind the scenes of Bonobo’s trippy No Reason video with director Oscar Hudson
- Doppelglanders: 3D animator Julian Glander interviews his name twin
- The witchy dreamscapes of illustrator Maren Karlson
- Maciej Dakowicz's photographs capture unexpected, serendipitous moments
- The comic book influences of illustrator Stefanie Leinhos
- Wolff Olins and zigbee launch the “first open-source brand for the Internet of Things”
- Graphic Design Festival Paris reveals 19 sport-inspired posters by Hort, Julia, Spassky Fischer and more
- FKA twigs teams up with 17 year old photographer David Uzochukwu for new Nike campaign
- Too Fast To Think: why switching off unlocks creativity
- Brian Finke captures the glitz and glamour of the Ms. Senior America beauty pageant