Just in case you hadn’t already noticed from the number of sun and ice cream-related puns on the site of late, it’s getting quite sunny out, and if you haven’t already been out warming yourselves like bronzed penguins in parks and on beaches worldwide my guess is that you soon will be. To help get you in the mood, here are some portraits from photographer June Canedo’s brilliant portfolio, featuring sun-kissed, creamy, bikini-clad honeys and hunks populating beaches. Because why not?
Unabashedly honest, proud and with plenty a cheesy grin to match their swimwear, her photographs are candid and kind and actually quite funny, illustrating the general public at their most exposed and their most content. It’s a combination that shouldn’t work, but it does, and we love it. Just look how cool they all are.
- CG Watkins’ narratively driven photography conveys mystery and escapism
- Sharp Type creates punchy typeface inspired by Swiss designer Adrian Frutiger
- Illustrator Susa Monteiro’s lonely figures battle the elements
- Photographer Trent Davis Bailey documents rural American community The North Fork
- Like a warm embrace, it's Best of the Web!
- Swedish illustrator Malin Rosenqvist creates textural works about psychology and powerful women
- Grope Sans: a very rude typeface by Bompas & Parr
- Japanese graphic designer Ryu Mieno creates type-heavy works fizzing with energy
- The reductive and exacting work of graphic designer Laura Prim
- Why creative education for advertising is stuck in the dark ages
- Leipzig-based graphic designer Anja Kaiser takes us through her portfolio
- Nicolas Jaar releases Network, a book inspired by radio