Just in case you hadn’t already noticed from the number of sun and ice cream-related puns on the site of late, it’s getting quite sunny out, and if you haven’t already been out warming yourselves like bronzed penguins in parks and on beaches worldwide my guess is that you soon will be. To help get you in the mood, here are some portraits from photographer June Canedo’s brilliant portfolio, featuring sun-kissed, creamy, bikini-clad honeys and hunks populating beaches. Because why not?
Unabashedly honest, proud and with plenty a cheesy grin to match their swimwear, her photographs are candid and kind and actually quite funny, illustrating the general public at their most exposed and their most content. It’s a combination that shouldn’t work, but it does, and we love it. Just look how cool they all are.
- Moving Brands gives its opinions on the new Google logo design
- Typographic club posters that show how creativity flourishes within boundaries
- Eric Petersen's surreal illustrations take their cues from video games
- Paris-based Adrien Menard's portfolio experiments with letterforms and composition
- The creative process explained via egg metaphors, thanks to artist Honza Zamojski
- Vincent Girardot’s photo diary documents an alpine tour of fish, factories and firs
- No more serifs, same bright colours: Google launches new identity
- Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games logo scrapped over plagiarism row, according to reports
- Ely Dagher’s hypnotic and erotic animated vignettes for Model 86’s EP (NSFW)
- Playfully tongue-in-cheek illustrations from Germany-based Cécile Dormeau
- The Anonymous Sex Journal is back, and this issue is all about wanking
- The slides and sleep pods of LA's Silicon Beach startup scene captured by Lauren Greenfield