Just in case you hadn’t already noticed from the number of sun and ice cream-related puns on the site of late, it’s getting quite sunny out, and if you haven’t already been out warming yourselves like bronzed penguins in parks and on beaches worldwide my guess is that you soon will be. To help get you in the mood, here are some portraits from photographer June Canedo’s brilliant portfolio, featuring sun-kissed, creamy, bikini-clad honeys and hunks populating beaches. Because why not?
Unabashedly honest, proud and with plenty a cheesy grin to match their swimwear, her photographs are candid and kind and actually quite funny, illustrating the general public at their most exposed and their most content. It’s a combination that shouldn’t work, but it does, and we love it. Just look how cool they all are.
- Retracing and recreating historic reggae record sleeves with photographer Alex Bartsch
- David Wilson directs deeply moving film B.E.N. about using AI robots to tackle loneliness
- Art and About: Charlotte Trounce celebrates the architectural beauty of museums and galleries
- Riikka Laakso’s screenprinted zine is a tribute to Moomin author Tove Jansson
- Sandy Van Helden’s illustrations of contemporary culture
- Bompas & Parr explores the strange world of sploshing (NSFW)
- Kodak returns to its 1970s symbol, joining the retrobrand bandwagon
- Kodak unveils the Ektra: its first ever smartphone
- Working Not Working reveals the top 50 companies creatives would kill to work for
- William Knight's socially conscious portfolio of graphic design
- Juan Aballe’s photographs of pastoral landscapes filled with wanderlust
- Exclusive first interview with new UK Vice.com editor Jamie Clifton