If you’re reading this at work, get ready to pretend you’ve got something in your eye because this is one of most uplifting design projects we’ve seen in ages. JWT Brazil worked with the A.C.Camargo Cancer Center in São Paulo to help change the way children think about their leukaemia treatment. We see a lot of high-tech wizardry aimed at alleviating the stress youngsters undergo in hospital, but the Superformula solution is simplicity itself.
In collaboration with Warner Brothers, JWT rebranded the intravenous bags used in chemotherapy with superhero insignia – namely Batman, Superman, The Green Lantern and Wonder Woman – and the identity was extended throughout the ward. I love the psychological element of this solution, harnessing design to the most marvellous ends.
- Bring in the Bank Holiday weekend with this week's Best of the Web
- Daniel Britt animates the trials and tribulations of an existential crisis
- Badesaison - the Swiss design studio that can handle everything from Dada to music
- Illustrator Ana Benaroya embraces the “imperfections” in her playful depictions
- Kent Andreason's globetrotting adventures documented through nuanced observations
- Heroes and Villains: Rio 2016 through the eyes of Wilfrid Wood
- Sagmeister & Walsh rebrands fashion label Milly to reflect its "edgy" new personality
- Dominic Wilcox designs art exhibition for dogs (plus exclusive artist sketches)
- Jaemin Lee’s gloriously retro exhibition identities and poster designs
- James Jean’s phantasmagorical world of technicolour fever dreams
- The Refugee Nation Olympic flag was inspired by a lifejacket
- Things: the inspiring post that got us through the long hot summer nights of August